Separate individual ringtones

billybaldin

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I am new to Android. We just converted from iPhones to the HTC ONE M8. So far my only question is this. How do I go about assigning a different tone to a contacts different contact methods? Like ringtone 1 for a call, notification 2 for text, ringtone 4 for email. Is there a decent third party app that would that? Is there even a way to assign different ringtones for different contacts in general?

Thank you for you help

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am new to Android. We just converted from iPhones to the HTC ONE M8. So far my only question is this. How do I go about assigning a different tone to a contacts different contact methods? Like ringtone 1 for a call, notification 2 for text, ringtone 4 for email. Is there a decent third party app that would that? Is there even a way to assign different ringtones for different contacts in general?

Thank you for you help

Welcome to the forums and Android.

Go into the messaging app and click settings. You should find Notification tones probably about halfway down the page.
Email should be the same thing (at least Gmail is; you need to look at you actual gmail for notifications). In app settings are probably going to give you this option for almost all email apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38