Question FB messenger issue on Samsung 54A

Redpillar

Dec 25, 2023
Visit site
Hello all! I have a bizzarre issue with FB messenger contact custom notification sounds that I have been trying to solve for months.
I used to have different notification sounds for different contacts. All of a sudden The only sound I can get is the one listed in the main settings for Messenger. No matter what I set in the contacts preferences. I have tried thia on my older A52 and the same thing is happening. Is there a glibal setting somewhede that I am missing tgat would disable the ability to do this? The first screen shot is the messenger settings, the second image is the contact settings.
Thanks for any help on this weird matter!! Screenshot_20231225_155201_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20231225_155301_Settings.jpg

Redpillar

Dec 25, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I have also done that and deleted and reloaded the app. I believe that I have tried all of the usual tricks. I am wondering if there is a setting elsewhere that may be causing this weird issue. I will do as you have described again but do not think it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I have also done that and deleted and reloaded the app. I believe that I have tried all of the usual tricks. I am winderingbif there is a setting elsewhere that may be causing this weird issue. I will do as you have described again but do not think it will work.
If you tried it like you mentioned probably not going to work but doesn't hurt to try again, see if any updates are available if not try reaching out to Facebook

Reactions: Redpillar