Question Export & import contacts WITH additional fields (i.e. "Label")?

jwka

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
I searched the forum, but obviously, "contacts" and "fields" or similar makes hundreds of matsches, none I read answered my question:

I have a Redmi phone and a decent number of contacts that I organized by also using the "LABEL" field (that you can supply different words for, it's like a categorisation).

To make some adjustments more easy, I tried to export the contacts (was thinking to import into EXCEL or such and modify some fields so they would be more consistent).

I foun dout that only a few fields are being exported to the vcf file ... of course, NOT the "Label" field (and I guess some other fields are also missing).

Therefor, i search for a third party solution to make a "better"/complete export/import.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since you use the term "label", I'm assuming you're talking about Google Contacts, correct? Where are you trying to transfer the contacts to? If it's another device that can use Google Contacts, then all you need to do is log into that other device with your Google account, and everything should show up in Google Contacts there the way it does on your older phone.

Reactions: J Dubbs

jwka

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in answering.

Well ... Google Contacts? I guess yes, but don't really know. I use the "built-in" contacts app that came with the Xiaomi Redmi Phone.

And, I do NOT want to transfer the contacts. I search for a possibility to easier keep my contacts organized and do that OUTSIDE of the phoe itself. I am a programmer and wouldlike to have one file in my own format and be able to receive & send ALL of the fields from and to my phone.

With that; I could easier "categorize" and re-name my contacts as I use a naming scheme.

So, the question is: How to export (and import) ALL the fields of a contact entry?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali