help? Wifi won't connect after upgrade 4.4.2(HTC Desire 601)

Susanna Su

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Ever since i upgraded to 4.4.2 today my wifi wont turn on? (HTC desire 601) does anyone have a solution to this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-06-20-55-47[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-04-06-20-55-47[1].png
    71.5 KB · Views: 22

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You might have to try doing a full factory data reset. Make sure you backup or sync your data before doing so.

novice4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
hi I have the same issue with my desire 601, but now I fixed the problem, try this and hope it works as it has done for me.
switch off your phone take off back cover, and take out sd card, switch phone on your wifi should be back as it was before, now put back your sd card. hope it helps

Frank Bevers

May 1, 2014
Visit site
It is an intermittent thing; I also upgraded my Desire to KitKat. WIFI sometimes just can't be enabled. Rebooting is your only option. All used to work perfect until the KitKat upgrade :-(

DuneMessiah

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, having same issue. When I remove the SD card, wifi will turn on and connect. As soon as I put my SD card back in, same, wifi says turning on, but will not turn on.

Rajat Srivastav

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
i have got the same issue few days back ......Do not worry

just power off the phone and then remove the battery and again insert it after 30 to 40 sec .......when ur phone will on wifi will be totaly fixed......i know its not any technical trick but it will work ...the reason behind it is that after phone update (kk) software cache memory is disturbed and by doing this the phone will cycle its software to normal ......

HOS79

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I had the same problem with 4.4.1
I turn my phone off, I put out my card and turn it on and it worked.
THANK YOU!

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
hi I have the same issue with my desire 601, but now I fixed the problem, try this and hope it works as it has done for me.
switch off your phone take off back cover, and take out sd card, switch phone on your wifi should be back as it was before, now put back your sd card. hope it helps
W W...what a strange solution, but heck, since it worked for you, it should for others (these weird machines).

Sent from my Samsung GT-I8262 using Tapatalk.

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I had the same problem with 4.4.1
I turn my phone off, I put out my card and turn it on and it worked.
THANK YOU!
Do you know if this or what else can help with camera failing to launch on 4.4.2
Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung GT-I8262 using Tapatalk.

Jennmar

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

This worked !! Thank you !!! My HTC desire 610 wasn't able to turn on WiFi as buttons were greyed out. I did this and hey presto ...sorted !!! You are clever !!

Last edited by a moderator: