Why does my galaxy s5 lose battery so fast and overheat a lot?

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I woke up because my dog got out and I checked my phone and it was on 100% so I took it off the charger, then my uncle asked me what time it is and it was 9:26. I went to sleep and woke up and now it's on 46%. That's more than half of my battery gone when I wasn't even using it! When I first got it which was a couple days before Christmas it didn't lose power as fast. I remember I didn't charge my phone that night just to see if it loses alot of battery and it only lost like 5%. And for my overheating idk what happens. When I use it, it'll get hot. Even right now whilet's I was sleepin it got hot too. I do download movies and watch them but I move my movies off of my internal storage on to my memory card if that helps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Download and run wake lock detector from the play store. Also, post battery stats

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I cannot recall...is wakelock detector a root required app?

From an AOSP M8
Root isn't required but without root, it needs to be done via adb. Directions are in the wake lock detector app description.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

rickral

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with my note 8.0 that were similar. In the end after factory reset and a hoste of other suggestions I pulled the battery for a couple of hours. Some suggest 15 minutes but I went longer as I was getting out of the house. Charged and gained a ton of battery life. The charge times were ridiculously fast prior to this and now they take a lot longer.
Bset guess is the software gets screwed up and this fools it into thinking this is a new battery. An episode on Netflie would drain 30% and now only 10%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89