anyone got the OTA update yet?

Paddy Landau

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I got mine OTA yesterday (Nexus 5, unrooted, in the UK).

I'm not overly impressed; how does a company as big as Google manage to remove quite so many useful features in an upgrade? Also, a few apps no longer work properly, and a couple (including Google's own Gallery) don't work at all.

The big plus, though, is that applications start quickly. I spend barely any time waiting.

jlinz20

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I thought Gallery was removed and we would be using Photos? I saw that on a YouTube vid.

Gallery is gone on my Nexus 5, the stock email App is still on the device, but when you open it, you get rerouted to Gmail, not sure why they didn't just delete it, as far as I can tell you can't use it.

Posted via Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I will wait until sunday then sideload on nexus 7 and 10. I want to use it there before we get it on the Turbo (in about 6 months).

7 updated/sideloaded fine but decided wait on the 10.

Last edited:

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The more and more that I see that the OTA hasn't hit anyone yet, makes me wonder if there is a problem with something in the release. It has been 3 days now with no one has received 5.0 release via OTA. I was going to sideload it but now that no one has received it on any device, I wonder if they will come out with an update to fix the current problems.

mattpga

May 4, 2012
Visit site
at this rate i wouldnt be surprised if i get it on my Moto G 4G before my nexus7 or 10. i think 2 people have had OTA so far, for nexus 5

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The more and more that I see that the OTA hasn't hit anyone yet, makes me wonder if there is a problem with something in the release. It has been 3 days now with no one has received 5.0 release via OTA. I was going to sideload it but now that no one has received it on any device, I wonder if they will come out with an update to fix the current problems.
Some people have received the update.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Couple years ago I waited for an update and most people got them friday and saturday night about a week after they were announced. So Im hoping that happens this weekend.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Damp and grey UK Nexus 5 & 10 owner. Nothing yet but havnt checked today as left them both at home. I use a LG G3 as my main handset. Looking foward to getting Lollipop on my G3 by the end of the month. Have had a go on a Nexus 6 so im not too fussed when it arrives on my current devices.

Skier1960

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You Jogged my memory. I remember the same thing with KitKat. Waited all week and came Saturday there it was..

Posted via the Android Central App

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep, it's based on serial numbers and mfg dates I believe. I'm getting tired of waiting, and my PC is a piece of crap, so sideloading isn't really an option for me. Just tried and computer froze, so I gave the tower a hefty kick n shut it off lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
now for some fuzzy math -

3/500 Active Nexus 5 users on this site have reported getting the OTA.
1% of 500 is 5.
60% report in.

we're still at the 1% stage. next stage 25% -
25% of 500 is 100
60% should report in = 60

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i asked this earlier but got no answer so i will ask again - would you be willing to pay $10 to jump to the front of the OTA line ie the elite 1%?

i would.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
i asked this earlier but got no answer so i will ask again - would you be willing to pay $10 to jump to the front of the OTA line ie the elite 1%?

i would.
No, I just loaded lollipop on my nexus 7 with wugfresh, Nexus devices rule! Now if they'd just release factory images for the Nexus 4! 😁