How can I rollback to KitKat ? ( 2 many fails in Lollipop)

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Can we have these instructions in English please?

Yeah in my experience with techies at work, they shouldn't write how-to-do guides. They assume too much thus leaving out important details. User guides are best written by functional users. I learned from my recent experience and wrote my own guide to flashing factory images. I should have a much smoother experience next time. Lemme know if interested.

Shoeclaque

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've created an account just so I can answer this. I followed these steps and managed to revert my Nexus 7 wi-fi (older model) from 5.02 to 4.4.4. All of this because after months of being patient, of trying different things (including a factory reset), I was still having issues.
Now this reverting was pretty easy: the WugFresh Nexus Root Toolkit is straightforward and pretty dummy proof. Go ahead, try it.

ratheesh

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
yes but it *is* complicated for newbies (like myself). It's frustrating, esp as 4.4.4 was suiting my needs just fine, I just got caught up in the hoopla and didn't read any comments. I will be rolling back to kit kat on my n7 2013 but have spent hours watching youtube tutorials and downloading the sdk, fastboot ETC ETC.

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree with all of you 100%. Lollipop is gross to be honest. If I wanted everything white, flat and ugly (and uncustomisable) I'd buy an iPhone. Phone now freeze up, notification bar is ugly, cant view the contents without clicking on it, when new message received my LED light wont light up, screen wont wake up as well. How can i downgrade without doing factory reset? Android should fix the notifications settings, keep them as they were. The update would've been a lot better without changing notifications settings and layout. We have to do so many steps know in order to receive a notification, keep it like the KitKat version (i mean settings wise).

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree with all of you 100%. Lollipop is gross to be honest. If I wanted everything white, flat and ugly (and uncustomisable) I'd buy an iPhone. Phone now freeze up, notification bar is ugly, cant view the contents without clicking on it, when new message received my LED light wont light up, screen wont wake up as well. How can i downgrade without doing factory reset? Android should fix the notifications settings, keep them as they were. The update would've been a lot better without changing notifications settings and layout. We have to do so many steps know in order to receive a notification, keep it like the KitKat version (i mean settings wise).
Agree with you 100%! Just flash your choice of Kitkat ROM via Odin. Problem solved. You will of course loose your data and everything else, so just backup before, and restore after!

ChrissyCole287

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
This is a different language to me lol. Is there any way to do this for the Galaxy S5? I am having an issue with the LED not lighting up for notifications and the battery draining like crazy. I want to go back! :'(

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what the point of rolling back to KitKat is, since once you do, Google will automatically download 5.0 and then it will stay in notifications reminding to install until you accidentally hit it.
No, fortunately you can get rid of the notification. I did so with the 5.0.2 notification, thanks to instructions from Brosko, another participant on these forums. Here's what he said:

"You can disabled the notification for the update by long pressing it then selecting app info and then when it takes you to the play services app info screen uncheck the enable notifications box to disable notifications."

I followed his instructions, and the 5.0.2 notification hasn't returned. I was at first worried that all notifications would stop, including those from Play Store, but that's not the case. The only notification that no longer appears is the one for 5.0.2. My Nexus 7 (2013) is very happy to stay on KitKat 4.4.4.

I hope this helps.

hinky dinc

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
No, fortunately you can get rid of the notification. I did so with the 5.0.2 notification, thanks to instructions from Brosko, another participant on these forums. Here's what he said:

"You can disabled the notification for the update by long pressing it then selecting app info and then when it takes you to the play services app info screen uncheck the enable notifications box to disable notifications."

I followed his instructions, and the 5.0.2 notification hasn't returned. I was at first worried that all notifications would stop, including those from Play Store, but that's not the case. The only notification that no longer appears is the one for 5.0.2. My Nexus 7 (2013) is very happy to stay on KitKat 4.4.4.

I hope this helps.

I have an HTC One M7. Long-pressing on the notification took me to something called Updater which had the notification checkbox greyed out, but I unchecked the box for Google Play Services and then cleared the data in Updater which got rid of the notification, huzzah.

I might eventually update but for now I'm happy to stay on Kit Kat with my beloved ticker.

jacaheyo

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I created this account just to share with you guys about my experience on downgrading my OS back to Kitkat.

I own a Nexus 7 (2012) Wifi tablet. had previously upgraded the OS all the way to 5.1.1, believing that things would get better with each OS upgrade. and obviously it did not.

I installed the Nexus Root Toolkit, as I have seen a number of successful experiences.
What I have done :
1. Ensure the selections of device type and current running OS are correct. (Your Model Type)
2. Ensure the drivers are installed correctly. (Initial Setup)
3. Backup my files
4. Unlock the device (Unlock bootloader)
5. Flash stock to Kitkat Ver 4.4.4. (Restore/Upgrade/Downgrade).
I did this twice as my first attempt failed. In my first attempt, the Current Status was selected at "Device is on/Normal" (the 2nd radio button) and in my second attempt, I selected the "Soft-bricked/bootloop" radio button. Your experience may differ from mine, so if you may only need to follow the default selection.
6. Lock the device by clicking "OEM Lock" button. (Reloack Bootloader)
7. The device should reboot and direct to the initial device settings. Done !

Hope this helps !
Seriously, I think wugfresh and the team did a great job!

Jerimiah Senger

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm liking lollipop quite a bit. I used nova launcher to give me the KitKat app drawer back but other than that I think lollipop improved everything.

Posted via the Android Central App

I had never heard of nova launcher. You are my hero! That`s the only thing that peeved me about lollipop. Other than the white backgrounds, which I can deal with. Thank you! lol

katebeeeee

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi every one.Warm Greetings to one and all,
I'm sorry to say but it's not that easy job, to downgrade from Lollipop to Kitkat So....
The best part is that better stay in Lollipop and wait for further Update from Google. Eventually you can change the custom settings for your desired problem. They are specified if you cant find them, Definitely some one will help you in solving them.
Some of the major 'Cant find' difficulty in Lollipop are:
1.Photos instead of gallery
2.Extra-long-log in-time (extra swipe to log in)
3.extra-google-apps
The only Positive is:
1.Having a Torch with out any app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty