Why won't my Nexus 5 with Lollipop sleep?

sixtysmokes

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5 with lollipop won't sleep. Keeps looping android animation.

I've just upgraded my Nexus 5 to android lollipop 5.0. I have screen saver and notifications disabled for lock (sleep) mode. After I lock, or the phone auto locks, the android animation plays, then the screen lights up. This repeats continuously. The phone never sleeps. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

esp44

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 with lollipop won't sleep. Keeps looping android animation.

Exactly the same happen to me.
No solution yet.
Almost make my Nexus 5 useless.

And also I'm unable to turn on the WiFi conection.

Chadwick6

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. The phone is rebooting again and again if I leave it alone, which would drain the battery in about an hour. If I don't unlock the phone, it goes back into a reboot almost right away. If I unlock it, it starts to reboot as soon as it would normally go into sleep mode. So...I've set sleep to maximum of 30 minutes (sure wish I could disable it). This at least makes it usable at home, but if I take it on the road, it's totally useless unless I can keep it plugged in somewhere.

I can't believe google screwed up this badly. I'll never install an update without googling it checking it on bing first again!

ThisIS

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
dunno if youve solved this, but when my power button was stuck it did this alot. Bang the phone against a table or something a few times on the power button side and it should resolve your issues.