Where did Smart Lock go?

Shawn Thomas7

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus 6 yesterday (from AT&T). I was excited to try the new Smart Lock (especially the Trusted Places, so I wouldn't have to keep inputting my PIN), but Trusted Places was not there (Trusted Devices and Trusted Faces was both there though).

I Googled it and saw some other people had this issue. From AndroidPolice I found an APK download of Google Play services that was supposed to fix the issue (APK mirror version 438), but seeing as it was old (the page showed a newer version available: APK mirror version 836). I now have version 836 downloaded, and now Smart Lock is completely gone from my Security settings! I tried to download the old one (version 438), but it will not let me. I am at a loss. Thanks.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus 6 yesterday (from AT&T). I was excited to try the new Smart Lock (especially the Trusted Places, so I wouldn't have to keep inputting my PIN), but Trusted Places was not there (Trusted Devices and Trusted Faces was both there though).

I Googled it and saw some other people had this issue. From AndroidPolice I found an APK download of Google Play services that was supposed to fix the issue (APK mirror version 438), but seeing as it was old (the page showed a newer version available: APK mirror version 836). I now have version 836 downloaded, and now Smart Lock is completely gone from my Security settings! I tried to download the old one (version 438), but it will not let me. I am at a loss. Thanks.

The last 3 digits is not a version number. It indicates the device platform that the APK is designed for. The APK I installed, which has trusted places, is named "6.5.87_(1599771-438)-6587438" for the Nexus 5. I suspect the same APK should be used for the Nexus 6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non