Nexus 5 Lollipop / Windows 7 USB File Transfer

AjernaCall

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Back when I used the feature last time, I could easily transfer files between my nexus 5 and Windows 7. I just connected an USB cable and got a notification on my phone and Win 7, after that I could transfer pictures, etc.

Now that does not work anymore. Once I connect my USB cable, the Nexus 5 just tells me that it is now charging.

What setting has changed?

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
It's a Microsoft update that changed it. You need to rollback a Microsoft android driver. The same thing happened to me.

Tim Bratsos

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this is exactly the same problem, but my issue is similar and may shed some light on yours. I used the Nexus Root Toolkit to blast android 5.0.1 onto my 4.4 Nexus 10 tablet, then went through the setup wizard. But after that I found that if I had both "MTP" (under Storage) and "USB Debugging" turned on, then my PC could not see the tablet. If I turned "USB Debugging" off, my PC could see the tablet. However, immediately after I blasted 5.0.1, I know that both items were checked and my PC could see the tablet...so I did a factory reset and this time, when I went through the setup wizard - at the step where it gives me the option of reinstalling all the apps I had on the tablet previously - I was very careful to un-check all Google apps (on the theory that they should already be installed with Lollipop). Since then I have had no problem with my tablet and MTP/USB Debugging. I don't know if there was something else going on, I only know that now everything is working correctly.

checkmate

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just to check, before you go installing drivers etc....

Did you remember to unlock your phone screen? You have to connect the cable then unlock your screen with a swipe up and any security pattern/code. This makes the phone more secure.

Apologies if you've already tried this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member