Nexus 4 issue post Lollipop update

Ricky Gonsalves

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Dear Team,
Post updating my Nexus 4 to 5.0 gettiing below issue.

1 - Google Account not getting sync. It always goes in error.
2 -All google application (play store, gmail, search etc ) getting sign in error.
3 - phone performance has drastically reduced.
4 - Battery is getting charged slowly n battery dont last long

Please suggest what needs to be done.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm seeing a bunch of complaints about these issues on the forums, and just talked to a coworker of mine who is also noticing increased battery drain. Lollipop on the Nexus 4 might be extra-buggy. Hopefully, 5.0.1 will roll out soon for more devices, including the N4 (it's likely that 5.0.1 is all about bugfixes).

In the meantime, see what happens if you wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5994

rolefourlife

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd say my battery life is only a little worse. Just have a few apps and Android System crash every now and then.
After a little over a week with 5.0, I'm getting the bug where my phone turns off at night (when I have like 30% battery) and it won't turn on in the morning.... fully drained.

I had those problems with the Play Store and such, but those went away quickly. And if you watch videos often, you'll want to go into developer options and disable using NuPlayer for media.

Enrique Esqueda1

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I am bit disappointed with 5.0. First let me say that I have been using a OnePlus One as my daily driver with Cyanogen. I still have my Nexus 4 so I upgraded it just this past Monday and I am not impressed. I was expecting different from L. Maybe I am not using it correctly or have not seen all the features. Cyanogen is supposed to incorporate L in a few months but from what I have seen on the nexus 4, I don't expect much now.

lillebusy

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Nexus 4 ever since upgrading to lollipop.

symptoms:
gmail won't synch
google play won't work, log in or log out
google play services can't be stopped without stopping android device manager, which won't deactivate
location based gmaps and google maps web page not working
texting not working or showing up hours later
most other apps working fine, even stuff like Mailbox pulling gmail, can browse web with chrome perfectly

I've tried booting into recovery mode and deleting the system cache partition, which seemed to work properly, but it didn't improve anything.
I've also tried booting into safe mode, which seems to change some of the messages in the accounts-google synch area, but does still does not allow any of the google services to function, even after rebooting. App data, in particular, is constantly running synch and failing.

My phone is a Nexus 4, Android version 5, Baseband version M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1701.04, Kernel version 3.4.0-perf-g60eefcd Fri Oct 10 18:28:38 UTC 2014.

If my phone is so thoroughly corrupted by lollipop, maybe it won't even receive a patch update (5.0.1) that might fix it?