Help! Nexus 7 stuck in boot up animation

mrsmunchy

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I turned on my Nexus 7 this morning, and it won't get past the swirling dots. I can get to the screen where I can wipe the cache partition (which I got good at thanks to lollipop), but I can't seem to do anything besides that. The bottom of that screen says:

E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

And the same three lines but "log" is replaced with "last_log", and again with "last_install".

Can anyone give me some direction on how to fix this, preferably without wiping the device? Though I'll admit, I have been THIS close to going back to factory settings since I got the lollipop update. It's only been 2-3 months, but it feels like an eternity.

Thanks in advance!
Shannon

mrsmunchy

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Even worse now. I left it alone for a while, while I made dinner and did family. When I came back, all prepared to just wipe it, I tried to get into recovery mode and got the little dead android with the red triangle and exclamation point, and I can't get around him. I have conceded that I will have to wipe it, but I have no idea how to do it without the recovery mode available...is there any way to get past the dead android to do a factory reset? Or can someone please direct me to a tutorial of how to do it for someone that's never done it? I can follow directions, just need to have them. Thank you!

mrsmunchy

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's exactly what I have been doing for weeks. And I was able to get there yesterday, but suddenly I can't get past the dead Droid graphic. It'll get there, I hold down the power and volume buttons to get to the cache partition/factory reset menu, and nothing happens. After a little bit it just turns off. But I can't get to that menu anymore.

I found another thread last night that has a link and instructions for a toolkit, so I'll give that a try later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non