Smart lock trusted places not working anymore

isewise

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tested the feature by adding another location, and it worked there. So in my case, it seems to be a problem with the location in question, and not with trusted locations in general.
Did same thing. Added my work location and it works fine, but my home address is not working. I've tried just about all previously mentioned suggestions.

Jeroen Nootebos

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Here is what worked for me on my N6 and N9.

Turn off smart unlock on your home and work and remove any other addresses.

under security in the advanced section choose trusted agents
Turn off smart unlock
back out (might not be necessary)
go back in and turn it on

Now add back in your addresses.

Hope this helps.

This helped me out on N6, thanks!

dtungsten

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep, mine just doesn't work at the physical location of my home any more. I even changed my home location to something else and added my address as a separate location. I think nothing short of a factory reset will work for me, and even then maybe not. I give up on it for now, but if it does start working again, I'll post.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Smart Lock/Trusted Places worked until the past few days. Discovered Google Maps thinks I am sitting in my neighbor's living room and not mine!. Added my neighbor's address to Trusted Places and it works like it did before. My sister's N5 had a similar issue, but Smart Lock displayed actual GPS coordinates instead of an address on her N5. Used those coordinates in Trusted Places and Smart Lock works again.

Very weird behavior.....JL

BudgetingJew

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
It only works in one place. It will work at home, but then when I get to work, it won't work. So I reenter my work location, and it works. Then I get home, and it has stopped working at home. So I turn home off then on, and it works again. Then the next day, it won't work at work. And so on and so forth.

Extremely frustrating that they broke this great feature.

And why is my Google Maps saved work location not available in Smart Lock automatically like it used to be???

Posted via the Android Central App

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This is a problem Google has caused.
My phone was working fine and then overnight smart lock trusted places does not recognize my home. There is also a new feature on this screen. Something about keeping your phone unlocked as long as you are holding it. It's an update to Google play services that was not completely tested and now this error, or it is an error in the location function. I say this because this morning the phone asked me to turn location on. Last night before sitting the phone on the charger location WAS on . I have never turned it off,but it was switched off in the settings when I checked.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

isewise

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
From what I have read this is definitely a bug of Google play services. It might be related to the introduction of this new feature of keeping the phone unlocked while in hand.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Still not working for me. I've tried all the suggested fixes. Of course this happened this weekend, when my son, the one with the new iPhone is here.

jhuff83

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with my smart lock on my Sprint Galaxy S5. I have three google accounts and have added my home address to all of them. I did see that they updated the smart lock to where if your phone is in your hand or on your body it stays unlocked. Wish they would fix this issue.

Joe Bear

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Here is what worked for me on my N6 and N9.

Turn off smart unlock on your home and work and remove any other addresses.

under security in the advanced section choose trusted agents
Turn off smart unlock
back out (might not be necessary)
go back in and turn it on

Now add back in your addresses.

Hope this helps.

This worked on my N6. Thank you so much!

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I renamed the house around the corner "home" so smart lock works. Beyond that the larger problem is that navigation and location just doesn't work. I went out last night and maps had me located 3 streets away from where I actually was , so no matter the work around location is just broken

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I've been having this name issue on both my Nexus 2013 and Moto X 2nd Gen.

I followed the advice linked in one of the posts in this thread and simply added a new trusted location near my Home location. That seemed to do the trick. So, it appears the issue may be with Google not recognizing the "home" location from Google maps. Or something!

Posted via the Android Central App

ACADM

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Google has made a proper bollix of this, I wish they wouldn't push out 'updates' that really aren't ready for public release. You can tell it's a bug with Play Services they introduced a few weeks ago, because every time I clicked on my address in Trusted Places there was a pop-up error message about Google Play Services. To make matters worse they then push a new 'feature' that breaks it for even more people than before. Has Google even acknowledged this bug, are they trying to fix it? Doesn't seem so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez