04-13-2018 02:42 AM
168 1234 ...
tools
    It's never worked for me and at this point I've given up.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App
    03-19-2015 09:28 AM
    Smart Lock/Trusted Places worked until the past few days. Discovered Google Maps thinks I am sitting in my neighbor's living room and not mine!. Added my neighbor's address to Trusted Places and it works like it did before. My sister's N5 had a similar issue, but Smart Lock displayed actual GPS coordinates instead of an address on her N5. Used those coordinates in Trusted Places and Smart Lock works again.

Very weird behavior.....JL
    03-19-2015 03:37 PM
    It only works in one place. It will work at home, but then when I get to work, it won't work. So I reenter my work location, and it works. Then I get home, and it has stopped working at home. So I turn home off then on, and it works again. Then the next day, it won't work at work. And so on and so forth.

Extremely frustrating that they broke this great feature.

And why is my Google Maps saved work location not available in Smart Lock automatically like it used to be???

Posted via the Android Central App
    Kurtpg1969 likes this.
    03-19-2015 09:30 PM
    I was able to get it back uninstalling the latest update for Google Play Services it went from 7.X to 6.X, and now is working again.
    03-20-2015 02:51 AM
    I was able to get it back uninstalling the latest update for Google Play Services it went from 7.X to 6.X, and now is working again.
    That option is grayed out for me. How do I uninstall updates to Google Play Services?

03-20-2015 07:33 AM
    This is a problem Google has caused.
    My phone was working fine and then overnight smart lock trusted places does not recognize my home. There is also a new feature on this screen. Something about keeping your phone unlocked as long as you are holding it. It's an update to Google play services that was not completely tested and now this error, or it is an error in the location function. I say this because this morning the phone asked me to turn location on. Last night before sitting the phone on the charger location WAS on . I have never turned it off,but it was switched off in the settings when I checked.

Posted via Android Central App
    Bkmike23, AnnDroid and ACADM like this.
    03-20-2015 06:44 PM
    From what I have read this is definitely a bug of Google play services. It might be related to the introduction of this new feature of keeping the phone unlocked while in hand.
    Bkmike23 likes this.
    03-21-2015 01:07 AM
    Appears fixed in build M of 5.1 for Nexus 6.

03-21-2015 06:37 AM
    Still not working for me. I've tried all the suggested fixes. Of course this happened this weekend, when my son, the one with the new iPhone is here.
    03-21-2015 09:39 AM
    I'm having the same issues with my smart lock on my Sprint Galaxy S5. I have three google accounts and have added my home address to all of them. I did see that they updated the smart lock to where if your phone is in your hand or on your body it stays unlocked. Wish they would fix this issue.
    Bkmike23 likes this.
    03-21-2015 10:18 AM
    Here is what worked for me on my N6 and N9.

Turn off smart unlock on your home and work and remove any other addresses.

under security in the advanced section choose trusted agents
    Turn off smart unlock
    back out (might not be necessary)
    go back in and turn it on

Now add back in your addresses.

Hope this helps.
    This worked on my N6. Thank you so much!
    03-21-2015 12:59 PM
    This worked on my N6. Thank you so much!
    Worked for several hours, until I left home and returned. Very frustrating.
    03-21-2015 01:50 PM
    I renamed the house around the corner "home" so smart lock works. Beyond that the larger problem is that navigation and location just doesn't work. I went out last night and maps had me located 3 streets away from where I actually was , so no matter the work around location is just broken

03-22-2015 06:57 AM
    For what it's worth, I've been having this name issue on both my Nexus 2013 and Moto X 2nd Gen.

I followed the advice linked in one of the posts in this thread and simply added a new trusted location near my Home location. That seemed to do the trick. So, it appears the issue may be with Google not recognizing the "home" location from Google maps. Or something!

03-22-2015 11:51 AM
    Google has made a proper bollix of this, I wish they wouldn't push out 'updates' that really aren't ready for public release. You can tell it's a bug with Play Services they introduced a few weeks ago, because every time I clicked on my address in Trusted Places there was a pop-up error message about Google Play Services. To make matters worse they then push a new 'feature' that breaks it for even more people than before. Has Google even acknowledged this bug, are they trying to fix it? Doesn't seem so.

03-22-2015 01:25 PM
    I am also experiencing this on my HTC One m8, trusted places stopped working. Let's hope Google fixes this quickly cause it's a great feature.
    03-22-2015 03:10 PM
    You know what else pisses me off? That when you're adding a second Trusted Location you don't get a list of suggested addresses or even the auto fill drop down menu, you have to drag the pin to get the longitude and latitude and then you have to manually enter the address.

03-22-2015 05:09 PM
    Couldn't get this to work with my Nexus 7 , Android 5.1 until I manually added my home address using the search option in "Add trusted place" (don't use "Select this location" ). I now have my Home address "From Google Maps" and the manually entered copy of my home address in the trusted places list. Seems like the bug is related to Google Maps selected addresses?
    03-23-2015 05:22 AM
    I take it back. Trusted Places is NOT fixed in 5.1 Here is what's going on. When I wiped and reverted to 5.0.1 in order to get/use the OTA to the M build of 5.1, I think it reverted by Google Play Services to the one with Trusted Places working. Then, sometime in the past day, GPS updated to the new one with On Body working. Trusted Places is BROKEN in that GPS build.

You can tell the old (working) one from the new (broken) one because the old (working) one has Home and Work (from Google Maps) already in Trusted Places with on/off toggles. The new (broken) only has Home and doesn't have toggles. Unless you have Work as a location and have toggles, you have the new GPS, and Trusted Places is BROKEN in that version.

I hope they fix it soon.
    03-23-2015 08:00 AM
    The problem is with Google play services, I believe. It has nothing to do with the Android version.
    03-23-2015 08:01 AM
    The problem is with Google play services, I believe. It has nothing to do with the Android version.
    I know. I was just saying the GPS reverted to the working one when I downgraded. Then it upgraded itself to the broken one.

How do I uninstall updates to GPS? That option is grayed out for me. And once I uninstall the updates how do I prevent it from updating itself. Remember this is not an app in the app store.

03-23-2015 09:42 AM
    I know. I was just saying the GPS reverted to the working one when I downgraded. Then it upgraded itself to the broken one.

How do I uninstall updates to GPS? That option is grayed out for me. And once I uninstall the updates how do I prevent it from updating itself. Remember this is not an app in the app store.

03-23-2015 09:52 AM
    Couldn't get this to work with my Nexus 7 , Android 5.1 until I manually added my home address using the search option in "Add trusted place" (don't use "Select this location" ). I now have my Home address "From Google Maps" and the manually entered copy of my home address in the trusted places list. Seems like the bug is related to Google Maps selected addresses?
    No, the bug is not related to Maps locations. My manually added Work location does not work. Trusted Places is completely broken in this version of Google Play Services.

03-23-2015 09:56 AM
    I finally got it working last night; I changed my 'Home' address to some other place, it doesn't matter where. Then I added my real address in the 'Add Trusted Place'. I then went back into the original 'Home' address and put in my real address. Doing this deletes the second address so you only have one 'Home' address that is your home.

However, when I left the house and came back it stopped working and I had to do it all over again.

I'm doing this on a Nexus 5 still running 5.0.1 but I have the updated On-body Detection which I haven't even touched.

03-23-2015 10:34 AM
    I finally got it working last night; I changed my 'Home' address to some other place, it doesn't matter where. Then I added my real address in the 'Add Trusted Place'. I then went back into the original 'Home' address and put in my real address. Doing this deletes the second address so you only have one 'Home' address that is your home.

However, when I left the house and came back it stopped working and I had to do it all over again.

I'm doing this on a Nexus 5 still running 5.0.1 but I have the updated On-body Detection which I haven't even touched.

The GPS update simply broke it. There is no "getting it to work" unfortunately. You would just have to keep readding it.

03-23-2015 11:20 AM
168 1234 ...