How can I make my text vibrate twice on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

juliet1008

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
5.0.1 issues Samsung galaxy note 4

Okay so I just updated my note 4 to lollipop 5.0.1. Everything seems to be working fine so far, but i have one small issue thats driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to make your texts vibrate twice? I cant get my texts to vibrate more than once. Also how do you make texts not notify by making noise or vibrating while youre on the phone? I've been searching endlessly for answers on the forum for help but not many people seem to have the 5.0.1 version yet. Someone please help :( I power cycled my phone, updated the prl and profile, cleared cache I've tried everythinf. I've been considering a factory reset but I'd like to try all options before I do that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: 5.0.1 issues Samsung galaxy note 4

Welcome to Android Central! Do you want the notification vibration to occur twice because you want to make sure you don't miss it? You could consider an app like Repeating Notifications.

BRM2290

May 22, 2014
Visit site

I have the same issue. Drives me nuts!!! Before i updated to lollipoop, if my phone vibrated for 2.5 seconds, i knew it was one of my news apps. Now it's both news apps and a new text message? Really? Can i please go back to kitkat!!

Posted via Android Central App

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

It would help if you could clarify if you're trying to do what B Diddy suggested, or do you just want a double vibrate as your standard text notification? (that's actually what I have) Also what text app do you use?

Magoo0042

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

I would also like a double vibrate as my standard text notification. Using the stock messaging app. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Android 5.0.1.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

My current phone (LG G3) has an option under sound, vibrate type that lets me choose single, multiple, long or short vibrations. I don't know if this is specific to my phone (I'm on lollipop) or not.

Before I got this phone I was able to customize vibrations using an app called Good Vibrations, which was highly customizable. Another alternative (if you only want to change vibrations for texts) would be a different texting app. I used to use Handcent & you could customize notifications within the app. I use Textra now & it offers some options, I have multiple (2) long vibrates for texts.

lyssct

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issue! I just want my two tone notification vibration back! I hate Lollipop because of this! I never know what I'm receiving. Emails, text messages, and calls all have the same vibration pattern. Help!

Posted via the Android Central App

lyssct

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

See my message above...

LG is a completely different make up in settings. Samsung does not offer the choice to change the vibrations for notifications. I should not have to download a 3rd party app to get had I previously had. Thanks for your input though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Well then, it sounds like if you're not interested in a 3rd party app, you may be out of luck.

Ksefteri

May 31, 2015
Visit site

I will add to what Hypnotoadd stated above.

Here is my solution. It does not involve changing the stock messenger and gives MUCH more flexibility in vibration pattern, which is one of main reasons we are on Android, no? Of course Google should have this in their stock Android, and we should give them aggressive feedback, but I won't wait for their solution if I can customize my experience now. You will have to download additional apps, but you can have a customized awesome phone now, or wait for Google to address the issue and have the annoying uniform single vibration until then.....

Here is my solution:

Step 1 (controlling vibration pattern):
I suggest downloading "Good vibrations" app. Then go to "good vibrations" - On Main tab, click "enable application". Then go down to SMS pattern (click top left settings tab to get there) and click "enable custom SMS pattern" and the pick a custom SMS pattern on bottom. I chose "2 x 400 (pause 125)", which seems to approximate the "2 vibrations" I had before. You can find similar apps if you type "text vibrations" in Google play, but I found this one to work best. *NOTE* You need to turn off stock app vibration - go to stock messenger app, click settings and go to "notifications" and uncheck vibrate (edit: you could also make repeat message alert to "never", but keep "notifications" "Green button on top" ON and keep "Preview Message" checked if you want to keep receiving TEXT alert on your lock screen).

Step 2 (repeating vibration, if desired):
In case I am busy and miss the first vibration, I like it to repeat. I don't think the stock messenger "repeating function" in the settings works. I have used the following app in past and it still works well. I suggest downloading "Easy Reminder". Just go into app and enable "Remind SMS/MMS" and click that option. Click "remind SMS". Select your "timeout" value (e.g. I selected 2m so that it will vibrate every 2 minutes until it stops). Check the "vibrate button". Then go to "repeat times" (I selected 10, so that it will repeat vibration every 2 minutes for 10 times). (edit: if you want sound alert for texts when you're not in vibrate mode on your phone, just add the sound you want under "sound" as well)

3) I also use "Calendar Snooze" application to do same for my calendar reminder vibrations. Very customizable, love it.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Gus

Last edited:

mruniv5

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
There are two apps with the name Good Vibrations. One of the apps is by Wouter Bouvy, which I can't download and one of them is by J. M. Ibarrola S., which sells their notifications. What a pain in the ****.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87