Hi, i purchased the Asus Zenfone 2 and it came with Android L. My previous phone was on 4.4 KitKat.

My previous phone had 3 simple selections when i pressed the volume rocker: ringer, vibrate or silent.

Excuse my language, but what in the hell is this "do not disturb" crap? I absolutely hate it and want the simple silent mode back. It doesn't even work how it's supposed to, my phone still vibrates when i receive text and i have to manually disable vibration in the messaging app!

Is it possible to remove this "do not disturb" mode via editing the software? Or do i just have to downgrade to 4.4 KitKat...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    08-17-2015 12:29 PM
    I love the do not disturb feature and think it works very well. Have you went into the settings and tweaked the features? You can go in and allow different exceptions. I have mine set to where everything is shut off except the alarm clock and phone ringer. I leave those exceptions turned on. I get texts and emails all night but never hear one when Do Not Disturb is turned on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-17-2015 06:57 PM
    Lol, now i realize why it was not working, i had "when calls and notifications arrive" set to "always allow".
    Well, now it works like silent mode, so i'm happy.
    08-17-2015 09:44 PM