Help! Sync and account issues

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have HTC one m8 phone on lollipop. Recently, I have been unable to sync tasks under my Google account.

I get an error message saying "sync is currently experiencing problems".

Also there is an icon on notification bar that also seems to be linked to issue.... The notification is labelled as a "sign in request". When I click to grant access on it it shows permission dialogue for tasks and then disappears but the notification remains.

Also when I hold down on the notification message "Google play services" comes up as responsible for the notification (which I find strange).

Someone said turn off the notification for this message but it still doesn't solve the issue of but being able to sync task...

I have already tried lots of tricks. Such as deleting calender storage, clearing app data and cache, wiping phone cache, removing account and re-adding account. Also someone mentioned disabling tasks in sync but I need to use the tasks app!

I usually only post here when I have exhausted other ideas so I'd appreciate any help on this matter thank you!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446652821838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446652821838.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 13
  • November 4, 2015 120814 PM AST.jpg
    November 4, 2015 120814 PM AST.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Update--I've noticed as well that my Google tasks aren't syncing, either with the Tasks app, or with my Checklist for Google Tasks Chrome extension. I wonder if this has anything to do wiith the recent Google Calendar outage? Anyway, for now, it might be best to use a different task app.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
You didn't post this as well, did you? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/603975-htc-one-stopped-syncing-google-tasks.html. If not, then at least you're not alone.:)

Does it matter if you uncheck the sync, then check it again? Still get a Sync Error?

Do you have 2-step authentication turned on for your Google account? If so, try turning it off temporarily.
No I didn't make that post, glad to know it's not just my phone though.... Well I was using the original HTC task app... But when I installed another 3rd party task app I got ANOTHER "sign in request" notification message. And now there is now another task sync option in the accounts and sync section... So installing other tasks apps does not help, just duplicates the issue.... I've heard that maybe some Google chrome browser extensions could be interfering with it and so some people have been advised to disable Google chrome extensions and Sr it'd that makes a difference. I haven't tried this yet even though I'm sceptical...

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried removing my Chrome extension for Tasks, and it didn't help.
Thanks for trying b.diddy👍 interesting to know that there was a Google calendar issue recently because I just checked my calender sync under Google and that too also looks odd! When I unchecked and check I get the revolving circle and then it stops but doesn't disappear. Also I've noticed when syncing on its own it doesn't trigger the "Google sync is experiencing problems" message, so the revolving when stops and the time stamp of the last successful sync doesn't update to current time. Mine still shows yesterday as the last time I successfully sync even when I do it now...

uploadfromtaptalk1446750345807.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm fortunately not having any issues with Calendar sync, but Tasks still won't sync. I've also had some recent Contacts sync errors, although those clear up if I uncheck it and then check it again.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm fortunately not having any issues with Calendar sync, but Tasks still won't sync. I've also had some recent Contacts sync errors, although those clear up if I uncheck it and then check it again.
So have you had any success with calender sync? Mine is still down...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Calendar is fine now, but Tasks still won't sync. Last successful sync for Tasks was 10/23.:-\

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Glad yours is resolved, tasks is still giving he the same sync is experiencing problems message. And calendar appears to sync but the revolving circles don't disappear from calendar even after successful sync...strange...

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Well finally got the issue sorted out. It took marshmallow to fix the issue... no matter how many times I reinstalled lollipop it never resolved...installed marshmallow and problem was gone syncing perfectly...if it is a lollipop issue then it will be a bugger for people who aren't going to get the marshmallow update...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo