I have many issues, ANY solutions PLEASE?

pantonia

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
many issues, ANY solutions PLEASE?

I'm having many issues with my new phone and I can't be 100% sure why, since I went from a Galaxy s4 mini to a Moto G 3rd Gen, so I can't know if the things I struggle with really come from going jellybean to lollipop or samsung to motorola. I'll list some of my problems if someone can give me SOME solutions :( please. To clarify, extreme measures like returning the phone to factory settings have been done. Also threatened it to kill its offspring and kill kitties, but nothing.

1. Contacts: I import the ones saved from my SDcard and it shows a whole mess with the gmail ones, etc. I go to Options>Contacts to show but I can only choose between my linked accounts (whatsapp, etc.) I JUST WANT MY CONTACTS WITH PHONE NUMBERS FROM THE SD CARD. I even checked somewhere to show "only contacts with phone numbers" and it doesn't change a thing. I can't even delete all contacts massively and add them one by one like animals, because I can't find a way to delete in mass.

2. "Multitasking": If I'm using a silly game like candy crush, when I go to some other app and switch back to the game, It will run again as if I had closed completely. I read stuff about RAM usage, rebooting, tried it all, no luck.

3. "Multitasking" again: My galaxy s4mini was so good, it only started lagging after 1.5 years of extreme use. My Moto G 2015 will lag, collapse, whine and complain with anything I do. If I use Spotify it will take 10 mins for other apps to stop crashing and for spotify to stop lagging. If I read articles on the in-app browser of twitter it'll crash a couple times.

4. Notification Sounds: Some apps just crash when I tap to select a new notification sound (happens with Between, a messaging app). Messenger from Facebook will make sounds only when in a good mood. Sometimes it just uses a different sound for no reason. Sometimes I listen to music and the notifications will cut off the music for a second, other times do nothing at all...etc.

Small things: Calculator doesn't let me edit what I put in individually, I either have to delete from the end one by one or delete all together. Is that a lollipop thing or a moto G thing?. The alarm clock setting with the silly analog clock drives me crazy...

I was so excited for a new phone that everyone was talking wonders of, and a new OS that looked miles better than jellybean. I also wanted so bad to not see a bunch of samsung apps preinstalled... But I don't know what to do now. Did I get the short straw with this phone in particular? Should I downgrade to kitkat? burn my phone and sacrifice it to the gods?? HELP.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: many issues, ANY solutions PLEASE?

Which Moto G do you have, 8 GB or 16 GB? The RAM is listed as 1 or 2 GB, I presume the 8 GB model has 1 GB of RAM and the 16 GB model has 2 GB. The S4 Mini had 1.5 GB of RAM. The RAM difference can account for the difference in multitasking performance.

The calculator could be because you're comparing a Samsung calculator app to the standard Android calculator, same with the alarm settings.

The Moto G, while good for what it is, is not a powerhouse phone. If I was comparing these phones to computers, I'd rank them like this: Moto E < Moto G < Moto X for the phones and for computers - Retina MacBook < MacBook Air < MacBook Pro. So, it's a low-mid range device, you can do SOME gaming on it but the core capabilities will be email, facebook, twitter, web browsing.

pantonia

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: many issues, ANY solutions PLEASE?

Well that's the thing... I know this Moto isn't a badass phone at all, but I had heard so many great things about it in all reviews, that I went for it. Also, it's weird because I know there's two versions: a 8GB with 1GB RAM, and a 16GB with 2GB RAM. I got the one with 16GB to make sure the RAM was an improvement, but turns out my company lists it like "16GB and 1GB RAM". But yeah, even if I went from 1.5 to 1 gb, the moto G's processor is 1Gb, quad-core, 1.4GHz and the Galaxy s4 mini I had was 1.5Gb, dual-core 1.7GHz, so in my eyes for most apps and things, it should run better, not worse. Specially since it's not like it lags or crashes with a lot, it does it from day 1 when I had very little things installed and in used.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Check your storage (in settings) if it only has 8gbs that will be your problem.
Also, as an owner of this phone, mine doesn't lag.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa