Outlook Contacts & Android Contacts were merged

Bflo

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
Good afternoon,

I've searched the threads, and attempted a solution that I read, but it did not work.

A recent update turned on Microsoft Outlook's option to update my Android Contacts (on my phone) with my entire address book from my desktop. I went into settings, and opened Outlook. I changed the Contacts Permissions to "Don't Allow".

I restarted my phone, and still have all of the contacts in my Android Contacts.

Can I remove them (my entire Outlook address book) en masse, or do I have to do them one by one?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S21+
Contacts: Standard Contacts preloaded on S21+

Thanks for any advice,

Bobby

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the contacts that were only on the phone synced on your Google Contacts or Samsung Contacts in the cloud? If so, you could go to Settings>Apps, select the option to show system apps, then look for a Contacts Storage system app. Clear the app cache and data of that app, then open the Contacts app and give it a few seconds to resync to your cloud account.

But do this only if you're certain your Android contacts are synced to a cloud account. If they're only saved to the local Phone account (which doesn't sync anywhere), then you'd wipe out all of those contacts.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000