Dupes and trips in Messenger contacts list

jakman50

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,

Running 5.1.1 ver e on Cricket LG G3

When I attempt to create a message and go to choose recipients I am finding duplicates and triplicates of many of my contacts. If I go to the actual Contacts app there is only one of each. Has anyone got any advice for this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try the dupes of a contact - you'll probably find that one gives you a phone number, one gives you an email address, etc.

Sync all your contacts to Google. (If they're not all Google contacts, see the Contacts section of Backing up an Android Device to convert them.) Go to Google Contacts, click More and find and merge duplicates. Sync the phone.

That should clear it up.

jakman50

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Here's the thing. In my contacts that I have only one contact per name. They are all gmail contacts. If however I go to the messenger app and select people to send a message to I find that I have duplicates in triplicates. There seems to be no way of editing or deleting contacts from the messenger app. I have no idea what's going on

Posted via the Android Central App

jakman50

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Update. I went into gmail from a different computer and went to contacts and found that there were duplicates there some only differentiated by parentheses around the area code. Some by being grouped in a particular group. I think that's going to solve my problem. Again all of my contacts are gmail contacts so maybe that's where my issue light in the first place

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non