Storage Space Running Out

Jiehfeng

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
I just got a Fiio X7 Mark II, it comes with Lollipop. I installed Spotify, Apple Music, Play Store, and Chrome after system updates.

After about 2 days, I get a storage space running out notification and apps cannot download anymore. The device has 64GB of internal memory, no SD Cards are inserted.

In the storage setting, under "Internal Memory", it says available only about 1.9GB, but 2MB remaining space. Under "NAND Flash", there is 55gb or something, with 54GB free space.

Something tells me the internal memory is divided into a tiny partition and everything is installed on the tiny partition. When I plug in the device to a PC, I get the full 55GB or so and the apps like Spotify are on it, in the Android folder. So far I only downloaded a small playlist, so it's about 1.9GB. So by that it seems spotify is in the 55GB area, yet it says full.

On ES File explorer, I can check some other folders when I go to "internal", but it doesn't seem like the apps are installed there.

This is very annoying and there's no fix on the internet. Just clickbait articles like "7 ways to fix storage running out" with useless solutions like clearing data and cache.

Thanks in advance, would really appreciate the help.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're right, it sounds like the old way of partitioning internal storage into a small app installation partition and a larger "internal SD," intended for you to store all of your music. There's no way around this, I'm afraid.

Jiehfeng

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
Thanks guys! This forum seems really friendly.
I just fixed it by rooting the device using Kingroot, removing Kingroot and replacing it with SuperSU thereafter with the terminal method and then used a root app to move Spotify to the so called "sd card", so now it downloads music to the bigger partition!

Hopefully this helps anyone who has the same problem. I have a new issue though, play protect keeps removing SuperSU as it sees it as a harmful app, even though the two settings of play protect are disabled. Is there a way I can force play protect to be disabled for good?