Daydream wont work now...

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Did the daydream function get borked with 6.0.1? It seemed to work fine with 6.0. I have it set to turn on when charging or docked, but it will not come on now. Works find when i test it with the "start daydream now" setting.

Now when plugged into the stock charger/cord...it will not even turn off screen when charging...i have it set for a 1 min time out.

EDIT FOR PROBLEM SOLVED: had the screen "stay on when plugged in" toggle set in dev options.

Last edited:

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually having a problem with Daydream, and I do not have the screen stay on when plugged in activated.

It seems like Daydream is turning off once my phone is fully charged, which is frustrating because I use the OEM fast-charging cable beside my bed, which is where I want Daydream to function most often, as my alarm clock. The thing charges to 100% in less than an hour, so most of the night there is no Daydream clock. Also frustrating is the fact that Daydream only seems to work when the phone is in portrait orientation. Daydream doesn't work in landscape orientation at all (why screen orientation should matter to this function is beyond me).

Does anyone have any thoughts about this or how I might remedy the issue? I've tried to find out whether it's a "known issue" with Marshmallow, but haven't come up with anything. Actually, I feel like it's been screwed up in one way or another since Lollipop was released (on my last phone). I'm on a Nexus 6P now, and my last phone was an LG G2, if that's at all relevant.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually having a problem with Daydream, and I do not have the screen stay on when plugged in activated.

It seems like Daydream is turning off once my phone is fully charged, which is frustrating because I use the OEM fast-charging cable beside my bed, which is where I want Daydream to function most often, as my alarm clock. The thing charges to 100% in less than an hour, so most of the night there is no Daydream clock. Also frustrating is the fact that Daydream only seems to work when the phone is in portrait orientation. Daydream doesn't work in landscape orientation at all (why screen orientation should matter to this function is beyond me).

Does anyone have any thoughts about this or how I might remedy the issue? I've tried to find out whether it's a "known issue" with Marshmallow, but haven't come up with anything. Actually, I feel like it's been screwed up in one way or another since Lollipop was released (on my last phone). I'm on a Nexus 6P now, and my last phone was an LG G2, if that's at all relevant.

Daydream only works if the phone is docked or charging, but as far as I know, there are no docks that turn on docking mode for my Nexus 6. I used to use my it on a wireless charger, but it turned off the charge after the phone is charged, so Daydream stopped too. I've gone back to a wired charger and Daydream stays on all of the time. Try another charger too, because your charger might also turn off when the phone is charged.

Daydream works for me in landscape mode too, so maybe that's a screen rotation issue on your phone.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Daydream only works if the phone is docked or charging, but as far as I know, there are no docks that turn on docking mode for my Nexus 6. I used to use my it on a wireless charger, but it turned off the charge after the phone is charged, so Daydream stopped too. I've gone back to a wired charger and Daydream stays on all of the time. Try another charger too, because your charger might also turn off when the phone is charged.

Daydream works for me in landscape mode too, so maybe that's a screen rotation issue on your phone.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I know Daydream only works when docked or charging. I was referring to when I have the phone plugged into the OEM charger.

I decided to do a FDR, as I had not done one since upgrading to 6.0.1, and that seems to have fixed part of the problem: Daydream now seems to function properly - when the phone is plugged in to the OEM charger - when the phone is in Portrait orientation, and stays on until I wake or unplug the phone. However, it still will not function at all when the phone is in Landscape orientation. Very odd.

I also wish there was a way to increase the font size of the Daydream clock, as I can't really read it without my glasses, and I most often want to check the time when I wake up during the night. I have tried some other nite clock apps, even one that is supposed to move around the screen to avoid burn-in but, while they offer larger font sizes, it seems the size I need in order to be able to read the time is too large to also permit the "screensaver" moving content function.

Ah well, not the worst of problems; just perplexing ... and a bit annoying.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. When my phone gets to 100% charged it turns the clock OFF! A use a charging base and use my phone to see the time at night and sound my alarm! This just started a couple weeks ago all of a sudden! I haven't changed anything or added anything relating to screen saver or clock!
I got an update today and hope this will correct this problem but I am not expecting it to go away! I am now running Version 7.0 Security Patch October 1, 2017 Update G930VVRS4BQI1

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The new update solved the problem. My clock stays on all night now. I got the update October 1st. See above comment for update info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty