My friend's Galaxy S6 updated to 7 and lost wifi

Asinine17

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so an ex-coworker who's a friend of mine, she did an update last week and lost her wifi.
She has a Galaxy S6 (totally stock), which apparently updated to nougat (she says it was 6.x before, so she claims it -was- Marshmallow), though I suspect maybe the update was to something past 7.1.1? I have a Nexus 5x and it's at 7.1.1, and I know it has more updates, but I rooted it a while back and haven't let it update since.

I directed her to download the previous firmware, which she did, and she used Odin when I was sitting next to her to load said firmware. It did so fine, and she booted back up and ... still had no wifi. Then she checked the version and realised she'd downloaded 7.0.
So I left while she was downloading a marshmallow version (from the same site), and she ran through the same steps but now, her phone won't boot up. She's tried the original 7.0 and it won't load either.

So I'm asking for a friend, and at the moment, we're chatting online. She's not really savvy with the Samsung, and I've had a rooted S3 and S4 active, and rooted a few S6's but they were faulty so I sent them back before settling with the Nexus.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I told her to leave it for 30 min, and at about 27, it booted up... and now it's flashing some "checking connection" weirdness on and off, based on the video she just sent me.

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My suggestion would be for her to take it to a Samsung Bar, and let them flash the OEM software....they'll usually do it for free, I've had this done at Bestbuy,a couple times in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty