Can someone try out my rooting idea for marshmallow?

Play Store

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I have Android Marshmallow stock firmware, but I recently found out that through Wireless Update you can use local updates. I have the SuperSU zip file on the phone that, when I get the chance to, root my phone. My question is is it possible to use the zip file to root using Wireless Update? I am too scared to try it out as I am a newbie and don't want to brick my phone, so can you do it for me to see how it goes (if you have android marshmallow with wireless update)? I would love to see that someone tries it out for me to see how it goes, to see if it can be another way to root Android.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Wireless update, manual update or "the phone came that way" makes no difference.

2. supersu.zip will attempt to root your ROM. If it can't for any reason it will just quit and tell you that it can't. About the only question (supersu.zip is known to root many phones running Marshmallow) is the phone itself, and, as I said, if it can't do it on your phone, it will just abort before it does anything. (You wouldn't believe how much of the "installation" file is just checking the phone to find a way to root the ROM running in it.)

I've run it on many phones, some of which rooted, some of which didn't. I've never seen it cause problems on any phone. (As I said, it has nothing to do with how you got the version of Android you're running, it depends on the version [and it roots Marshmallow] and the phone. It will either root it or not.

But if you know so little about rooting (you could just have read the update-binary script), you really shouldn't be rooting phones. Why do you want to root anyway? (I root because I just can't run Linux with a missing su file - it's too unorthodox for me.)

Play Store

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I want to root to access the root files and edit them. I've heard that by rooting your phone. you can have access to much more features such as fully being able to customize your phone to make it fully stand out unlike other unroofed phones. And also with root access, I've heard you can modify the build.prop file to make it seem like some other phone.

Play Store

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
1. Wireless update, manual update or "the phone came that way" makes no difference.

2. supersu.zip will attempt to root your ROM. If it can't for any reason it will just quit and tell you that it can't. About the only question (supersu.zip is known to root many phones running Marshmallow) is the phone itself, and, as I said, if it can't do it on your phone, it will just abort before it does anything. (You wouldn't believe how much of the "installation" file is just checking the phone to find a way to root the ROM running in it.)

I've run it on many phones, some of which rooted, some of which didn't. I've never seen it cause problems on any phone. (As I said, it has nothing to do with how you got the version of Android you're running, it depends on the version [and it roots Marshmallow] and the phone. It will either root it or not.

But if you know so little about rooting (you could just have read the update-binary script), you really shouldn't be rooting phones. Why do you want to root anyway? (I root because I just can't run Linux with a missing su file - it's too unorthodox for me.)

But can you attempt to flash SuperSU.zip by wireless update? I really want to try toot out and I think that I could have found another way to root android marshmallow devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38