New Play Store stopped downloading apps on our WiFi network

mariolatif741

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I have finally decided to ask about this after a lot of tries to fix it by myself, because it is confusing.

So as all or most of us know, Google changed their Play Store design like a month or two ago. And since this update, I can't download or update any apps. I will explain more below...

So the issue is that we have three Android devices at the home. Two with Android 6.0 and one with Android 4.4.4

The Android 4.4.4 one works fine and it still can download and update apps normally (with the new version of Play Store)

But the two Android 6.0 ones have this issue: When I try to download or update any app (using our own home Wi-Fi network), the download progress just keeps loading without starting the download. The issue doesn't exists on another Wi-Fi network but it exists on our home network. Every other thing loads fine and our network speed is 60Mbps. I have tried to update Google Play Services using APK and Google Play Store too but this didn't solve it.. also I have tried to clear cache and data of Google Play Sevices and Google Play Store but it didn't solve it either.

This issue is really confusing because it didn't exists before the new Google Play design.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

mariolatif741

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

The two devices has been rebooted a lot already during this month. So this didn't solve it.

Also mobile data works to download and update apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

The two devices has been rebooted a lot already during this month. So this didn't solve it.

Also mobile data works to download and update apps.

Ok, check out the other tips in my guide. Try temporarily disabling IPv6, or changing your DNS server.