Have the colors been removed for contacts on the Edge 7 Nougat update?

deezie7

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I noticed that I don't see the colors anymore for contacts since I've updated to Nougat. So now when one of my favorites send me a text I still have to check it like any other message as opposed to just seeing the color on the side. To me that defeats the whole purpose.

dp619

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I really don't like nougat. I think it's much worse in terms of things like this. No color, everything is white. Phone is just about blinding me now

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
How strange. I have colors, depending on the apps. On my contacts I have different colors for different contacts. On my calendar appointments, birthdays, etc. are different colors. Some apps have a dark theme and some have only light.

dp619

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
FYI - Samsung is proactively tabulating a list of issues with Nougat on their website as there have been quite a few complaints.

Site wont allow me to post a link here for some reason but here is the breadcrumb

Samsung Community > Updates, Info, and How-tos > Product Updates > Re: [Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is a Samsung issue, not a Nougat issue. I don't have a Samsung, but apparently based on multiple posts I've seen Samsung took the Nougat update and just destroyed it. That's a shame since there are so many Galaxy phones out there that people are going to automatically blame this on Google instead of Samsung.