Android 7.0 app-Contacts/dialer Lists by Nickname

HastyTom

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
My phone is an LG-V20 by AT&T. Contacts list has started to display caller ID by "nickname" only. Very annoying when you have 5 Bobs, 3 Bills & other multiple named individual friends. Settings only gives option to sort by first or last name but no choice of what name to display. Have just had the latest version of OS installed-no change. Sync is with Google on-line Contacts, here I have filled in all the "Nickname" fields with individuals's common-called nickname. If I delete the person's nickname field in Google or on my phone. that person shows in the phone Contacts as specified in the settings sort choice. How do I change the apps behavior in this manner of locked display of nicknames only?

HastyTom

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
My on-line Google Contacts list displays the list exactly as I want it - Last name first. If there is a "nickname" field filled for the individual, it shows only when I expand the details of the individual. There is no settings on Google for requesting nickname only display by "nickname". There is a new feature in Google+ to add a verbal, yours only tag such as "boyfriend", "Mom", etc. so you can voice dial them, but this is not related to the name typed into the nickname field in the individual's file. Android app Contacts seems to like this field & uses it rather than my chosen sort order/name display.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana