Cant delete nor install apps on my Samsung galaxy S8

Franny Fran

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy S8.
When I turned my phone on it said there was a problem with the sd card & the phone will format it. So I formatted it. But since I have taken the sd card out permanently.

Now i cant delete apps, it says "The app wasn't found in the list of installed apps" nor can I install them, it says "You cannot install this app because another user has already installed an incompatible version on this device"

All my apps that were on the sd card have lost their icons (they are just just the generic grey 'can't find app' icon) and they won't launch.
I can delete the shortcuts but have no means to recreate them as the phone is certain the app isn't installed at all. The missing apps don't appear in my last of installed apps in settings or in the play store. The only thing to suggest the apps ever were installed are the broken shortcuts and the fact that I can see their files

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's the problem with having apps on the SD card. Of the card goes, or you format it, you can't install the apps (because they're installed) but you can't uninstall them (because the card soesn't have them or it's not there). Back everything up (Backing up an Android Device ), factory reset the phone, then restore everything (except the apps that were on the SD card, which won't back up).

Then stop putting apps on the card - it's for files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa