30Gb of system data in new S9+ out of the box

turbotooslow

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Ahh...bloatware. If it came out of the box like that it usually can't be reduced by much. You won't be able to uninstall most of them, but you can go through each individual app you don't want, hold it down and drag it to the "uninstall" drawer that appears at the top of the screen if allowed.

Other than that, SD cards are wonderful.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Did you transfer your data from your old phone? Bloatware is an issue with Samsung but half the internal storage isn't right...
After transferring all my user data from my old phone to my S9 I'm at 20.1GB of 64GB but I backed up & cleared out everything I didn't need on my phone.
As others said SD cards are are great option but clean up any unnecessary apps, images, videos, music, docs etc. if this is an issue for you.

steinjolt

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Thanks all, the carrier installed a bunch of crap software in it, I installed an external sd card and factory reset the galaxy, then disabled all the crap apps and restored my sensitive data from the samsung cloud, yes plugged my old phone to the new one and that caused the issue to. After the reset, it went into a healthy 12Gb of User data, including my daily use apps like spotify (ad storage enabled), Facebook and more.
Installed a 256Gb card I got in a very good deal ar best buy and the phone even feels faster now.
I still have a little issue with it that I'm following in another thread about the FPS crashing the phone in AOD mode, but that's another story that I yet have to deal with. Anyways thanks all for the advise and the help!!!