BB hub+ Inbox has too many bugs on Andriod 10, need alternative app.

leopardgirl

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I like the organization that Blackberry Hub+ Inbox does, (phone calls, numerous emails in separate folders, color code the different email folders, syncing only select email folders,)

All the other BB Apps will no longer open, no support either...I have switched to other individual apps.

I need an organized app that does numerous emails in one app.

Is there such an app?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using FairEmail for a while - it's an "Android sort-of-clone of Thunderbird", the developer is more than just very responsive, and it works nicely (even on 6 email accounts, which I have then both - Fair and Thunderbird - set up for).

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
...All the other BB Apps will no longer open, no support either...I need an organized app that does numerous emails in one app...Is there such an app?
Strange. The hub is working fine for me. Once the trial ends, I get ads and Contacts app no longer works without a subscription. However, all the the BlackBerry apps work just fine for me, including the BBKeyboard from the cobalt apk. I haven't found anything that compares to hub for consolidation of emails. I find the hub nowadays is not really great anymore for consolidating other app notifications, nothing like it used to be on BB10. However for email I find it is still perfect for me.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Strange. The hub is working fine for me. Once the trial ends, I get ads and Contacts app no longer works without a subscription. However, all the the BlackBerry apps work just fine for me, including the BBKeyboard from the cobalt apk. I haven't found anything that compares to hub for consolidation of emails. I find the hub nowadays is not really great anymore for consolidating other app notifications, nothing like it used to be on BB10. However for email I find it is still perfect for me.
Yeah. Blackberry Hub works great on my Pixel 4a. It works just as well as it does on my Blackberry phones.
The Blackberry pkb also works fine on my P4a.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Actually, one thing I find "weird" is the way BlackBerry Hub tries to work as the central services point for all other BlackBerry Android apps (eg: also for BlackBerry Calendar and BlackBerry Contacts). If one does not opt in to the subscription service, the Hub and Calendar start showing ads. Fair enough. They have to make their money somehow. If one doesn't opt in to the subscription service, Contacts won't work either after the 30 day trial. Fair enough also. However, getting the "normal Android Contacts app" (Samsung Contacts in my case) to work the way one would expect with also the same email accounts (online contacts from those email services) is just weird on Android in my opinion. I had to disable contacts sync for all the accounts in the Hub, add the accounts I wanted to Samsung Email, disable all email sync for those in Samsung Email (because I don't want to use Samsung Email, I use the Hub), and then only then do those accounts show as separate "contact" accounts for sync the way I'd expect them to behave in the Samsung Contacts app. It works, and it also somewhat works if one doesn't go through all of that. However, it seems logical to me it would have made more sense for "account control" for all those apps to have been handled separately, within respective apps, as opposed to being linked between accounts in Hub/Email, Calendar and Contacts. I guess that's just how Android works.