Anyone get Swype working?

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I installed Swype on my Incredible. I see the options for it under Settings/Language & Keyboard, but it's not coming up as the default keyboard. I still get the HTC keyboard.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not working yet on the Incredible? BTW, this is the Beta version 0.35.3959.

R

Roy Aguilera

long press on the box that you would normally type in and select imput method.

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Go to the messaging app (or compose an email), hold down where the cursor is. You'll get a pop up that said "edit text", click on "input method", change from "touch input" to swype"

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I am over Swype..... I use Compact Qwerty in portrait mode and found that I was just as fast as I was with Swype. But thats just me......

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. Got it set as default. But now it gives me an error saying the screen resolution is wrong for swipe. And then it doesn't enter any of my "swypes".

Mav

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Apparently you must go to tutorial. I installed the apk and skipped tutorial. Uninstalled/Reinstalled, went to tutorial as instructed in video and voila!

naga

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Good grief Swype is incredibly fast!. I just pushed in two paragraphs in like 20 seconds. That would have taken me forever on the regular keyboard, in fact I would have shortened it up to avoid typing so much.

I will love this app!

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Swype to my Incredible and it 'works' but I keep getting a message box whenever I rotate the phone (while email is open) that tells me 'The Swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. Please cxontact Swype about this issue. Screen size: 480x800'. So I assume this is just because Swype doesn't convert to landscape mode, but is there a way to stop this message or is there a different package that works better for the Incredible?

I downloaded from here: Downloads | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

ksoze

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Swype to my Incredible and it 'works' but I keep getting a message box whenever I rotate the phone (while email is open) that tells me 'The Swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. Please cxontact Swype about this issue. Screen size: 480x800'. So I assume this is just because Swype doesn't convert to landscape mode, but is there a way to stop this message or is there a different package that works better for the Incredible?

I downloaded from here: Downloads | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I get the same error for the Hero except it is 320x480 I believe. removed it from the phone. Downloaded it from the same place... hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for the Hero version?

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
mine works - got it from the youtube instructions video - mine also seems to work in landscape just fine without errors on my Incredible

my friends are installing it on their Moto Droids now too

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you do have the actual incredible apk for swype. I have it on my incredible and don't have any issue what so ever, except it makes me want to text message more because I love using it lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87