02-12-2011 02:28 PM
58 123
tools
    I am trying to "start in the unified mailbox" from the dock (I use Launcher Pro) but when I am trying to add the shortcut to the dock, it seems to be forcing me to select one of the two accounts that I have in there. Is there anyway to make the dock shortcut start in unified?
    02-01-2011 10:54 AM
    I'm having a couple issues with K-9. I have the Samsung Fascinate with version 3.600 K-9.

I have 6 POP3 emails set up on my K-9 account; all are configured the same way - so why are only some accounts checked w/o me having to press "Check Mail"?

I can only setup to Poll - the PUSH option is grayed out - no matter what I do I cannot figure out how to change this - is this normal?

But my BIGGEST problem is any email I compose & send from my phone is sent repeatedly - I'll get emails from friends telling me they have received the same email 10x or more. The email is not still in the Outbox but in the Sent folder. The only way to stop the emails from continually going out is to delete it from the Sent folder. Is there anything I can do?

I would love info on the different features of the program and the best way to configure them.

Thanks.

I don't want to go back to the stock email b/c I had major issues with that.
    02-02-2011 10:47 PM
    That's funny that you say that about the duplicate messages. I had a friend tell me that tonight about my gmail account. I do notice that for some reason I have all sorts of duplicate folders on gmail that won't go away.
    02-02-2011 11:06 PM
    Prior to 3.6, when I opened the new mail notification it opened all unread messages in my default Gmail inbox. With 3.6, all unread messages in my "All Mail" folder are opened, not what I intended. When I reverted to the prior version without changing any settings, it again worked....the problem recurred when the market automatically downloaded the K9 update. Any ideas what I may have unintentionally changed, or a bug.
    02-04-2011 06:11 PM
    Is there a way I can remove the latest update? The latest update removed the ability to edit the contents of a reply. So if I'm responding to someone and want to point out one line in the email I can't do it anymore, it's only include the entire message or delete it. It's so damn annoying because this is one of the main reasons I installed K-9, the built in mail client doesn't have this feature.

I went into the market and there's no option to uninstall the latest update like I often have with other apps.

Rev.
    02-05-2011 02:11 PM
    Is there a way I can remove the latest update? The latest update removed the ability to edit the contents of a reply. So if I'm responding to someone and want to point out one line in the email I can't do it anymore, it's only include the entire message or delete it. It's so damn annoying because this is one of the main reasons I installed K-9, the built in mail client doesn't have this feature.

I went into the market and there's no option to uninstall the latest update like I often have with other apps.

Rev.
    I would highly recommend a backup program such as Titanium but you need to be rooted. Very easy to restore the old version with this. Alternatively you can probably find the old version at
    Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code
    02-05-2011 02:15 PM
    Thanks, but I actually found out how to renable the feature on their development page:

Go to Accounts Settings->Sending mail->Message Format and choose "Plain Text" to restore the old behavior.

Rev.
    02-05-2011 02:45 PM
    I've been hunting but can't seem to find a setting to automatically delete old emails instead of dumping them in the trash folder, and then having to empty that out.

Am I missing the setting somewhere?
    02-12-2011 02:28 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD