Is it just me, or is the Facebook app pretty poor?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I love the look and feel of the Facebook app. It's fast and the UI is clean and simple. However, when I exit it, that's where the problems begin. I have it set for a 30 minute refresh interval, but it seems it can go an hour more without refreshing. Also, I have to manually refresh to see new notifications, and nothing is being shown in the Drawer. Am I doing something wrong or is it this way for everyone?

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It's not the best. I use the touch.facebook.com and m.Facebook.com sites and just have the notifications on Facebook send me the emails. From there I just use the links provided in the email. Works best for me.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's not the best. I use the touch.facebook.com and m.Facebook.com sites and just have the notifications on Facebook send me the emails. From there I just use the links provided in the email. Works best for me.

same here...
I think I don't have the app installed, or maybe I do, but it is a lot better IMHO from the bb app.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the bb app has many things the android app is missing.

i can't think of anything the android app offers that the bb is missing.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
the bb app has many things the android app is missing.

i can't think of anything the android app offers that the bb is missing.

speed :).
used to take forever to regenerate your friends list.
The FB app and the incremental updates has been debated to death at CB.
Notifications were better on the BB, but a lot had issues with the app and ended up just going to m.facebook.com.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i don't think speed had much to do with the app, anything that goes out to the internet is slower on a bb compared to other platforms.

as far as features though, the bb app was far more useful than the android one. half the stuff just links to the mobile site anyways on android.

and recently they give us a proper inbox, but then take away the ability to send pictures from the app.

of course, the holy grail of facebook apps is the iphone one, but it doesn't seem like we'll ever get it on here. :(

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Apparently, I just realized that you only get notifications for new messages (not comments), pokes, and friend requests. Comments don't give you a notification.

Come on! Comments are the biggest thing for Facebook right now. How can you make it so it DOESN'T give you a notification? Ugh.

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
and recently they give us a proper inbox, but then take away the ability to send pictures from the app.

You can upload or take pictures from the app it wasn't taken away. I don't think the app is very good either, but I just set it up to get my notifications to my gmail.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
that's how mine is setup as well.

i agree that if they could properly implement commenting and notification of comments it would make the app 100% more useful.

i mean pokes? really? who ever uses that?

that, the ability to tag pictures, and chat would really make the facebook app spectacular in my book.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
It's terrible. I removed it almost instantly. Disabled the "mobile version of webpages" function on my phone, and just visit the website through my browser whenever I want to check Facebook. It works great, looks amazing, and I have complete control over my account unlike the crappy Facebook widget.

stickstickly

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes I agree, the iPhone App is amazing. The Android App does suck currently I never get notified on anything unless I am using m.facebook.com and that looks ugly.
So let's just wait until the Android App is upgraded it will be as good as the iPhone one soon.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
try touch.facebook.com

i think it is better than the m.facebook site.

also just the normal version of the page loads pretty well on this phone

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPod touch and I never used it for facebook because I can only use it when I'm home over wifi and then I just get in my computer. But today I wanted to check it out and see what all the fuss was about and I must say, I see why now. The iPod facebook app is amazing. It is indeed head and shoulders above Android but then again it's better than all the competition. So I'm not gonna sit up here and say the Android facebook App is crap because it's not. It's just inferior to apples facebook App. I just wish that someday Androids will look like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty