What do you folks do about emails in the middle of the night?

arw01

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
An app that would also bring location based profiles into play would be great. If I'm out from the house at 10:00 at night, I would like my phone NOT to go into a silent mode automatically.

Does anyone know if the apps mentioned function differently if they are in a dock or take into account your gps fix?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Locale, as it will do the audio adjustments for me... Not only does it do it based of time, but I have it based off calendar events (so it's silent during a meeting, etc). also has settings based off locations.

The location settings...you can tell it to turn off email notifications at certain times of day if you are in certain locations?

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't see spending $1.50 for an app like this....seems pretty basic and also seems like there are quite a few apps out there that already do this. I use Quick Settings to manage everything including silencing all notifications before going to bed.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just set my emails to not make a sound at all. I decided that emails weren't like IM's or texts, and didn't need to be answered immediately. And the LED will let me know if I have a message.

Of course, that doesn't prevent me from obsessively checking anyway. :)

Seymour324

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I stay in my coma throughout any notifications, ringtones etc, although i wouldnt wake up if a murderer broke into my house until he stabbed me the second time

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Settings Profiles let's you create automatic or manual profiles. I have my Bedtime profile start when I'm plugged into the wall @home since I don't have a set time I go to bed. it's pretty awesome.

firemanjoe

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
How about just turning off the mobile network, so you don't get e-mails? That's what I do. I rely on still having text messages and phone calls in case I get called to come back to work, but the e-mails can wait until the morning. Just my option......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87