Purchased app stuck in "authorizing purchase"

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased an app and it has been stuck on "authorizing purchase" for over an hour. Anyone know what is wrong?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue (trying to purchase the bTunes music player).

I cancelled it, restarted it. Then got a refund and tried to repurchase it. I then got a refund and tried it with a different card.

Same results every time. And I really want my music player :(

Grrrrrrrrr.....

EDIT: Also tried to restart my phone....just in case. Still the same though.

Last edited:

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue (trying to purchase the bTunes music player).

I cancelled it, restarted it. Then got a refund and tried to repurchase it. I then got a refund and tried it with a different card.

Same results every time. And I really want my music player :(

Grrrrrrrrr.....

EDIT: Also tried to restart my phone....just in case. Still the same though.

yeah i have the same issue and created a thread on it an messed up the title,:( i tried purchasing autostarts and its stuck.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
same as well. gonna check the dev site to see if they at least are aware of it

EDIT: found that some people fixed the problem by signing into gtalk app while authorizing purchases, so try that. did not work for me though

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Had same problem, quit out of the market and it worked fine the third time.
Between second failed attempt and third successful one I logged into that google account with my desktop computer to double check the CC. I have no idea if that fixed it or not.

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Had same problem, quit out of the market and it worked fine the third time.
Between second failed attempt and third successful one I logged into that google account with my desktop computer to double check the CC. I have no idea if that fixed it or not.

quit out of the market still nothing

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I've purchased two apps so far (NewsRoom and WeatherBug) and this happened for both of them. I just waited it out and both apps eventually downloaded successfully. Hopefully just a minor bug on the marketplace.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i had the same issue of the authorization freeze, so i canceled the download and then re-started it. it did NOT charge me twice. the second time was the charm. i contacted my bank & google--and received these two answers.
1) my bank account was showing a hold on funds for the price of the app (iSyncr)
2) google is aware of this issue and is working to resolve it, blah blah blah
IMHO googlecheckout sucks.
BUT!
it did finally go through...it just took (literally) 27 hours to do this.
Now, whenever i buy an app, it goes through immediately. the first time is the longest--any following purchases go through almost instantaneously.
ride it out--give it a day or two. it sucks, but it might take that long for your Bank (not google) to actually authorize the purchase from an online marketplace that's not really recognized by corporations just yet...