Barcode Scanner Problems

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've heard such great things about Barcode Scanner but I can't get it to work.

I've tried around a dozen barcodes around here (from calendars to DVDs to XBOX games to a Campbell's soup can) and nothing works.

I put the barcode in the little square like it says to, and the camera just focuses, then goes blurry, then focuses, then goes blurry (repeat)....every once in awhile a little green dot flashes for a brief second on the red "scan" line, but so far I haven't got it to scan anything.

I checked my settings and and both "Decode 1D" and "Decode QR" codes boxes are checked, as well as "use front light"

I even took some items outside into the daylight in case my lighting in the house was bad.

Am I doing something wrong? Thought this would be great for shopping and stuff, but so far I am less than impressed. Everyone says it works though, so I must be doing something wrong.

I am using an EVO, in case it's an issue with the phone.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well just going by the 4 examples you have given I can see what your problem may be. The calendar, DVDs and XBOX games are all under a plastic cover and are probably getting a glare from it. The soup cans are round and the camera can have issues with that.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have actually had some better results with the LCD light app on when scanning....also try alternate bar scanners...shop savvy and bar coder scanner

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Try pulling back some when you put the barcode in view. It seems the camera has trouble focusing if it is too close. You can see it focus clearer and it will lock on. You do NOT have to, and should not have to, fill the scan area contrary to what you would think. i:Di

It should still scan it just fine with the code filling only 1/2 to 3/4 of it.

Just get it in focus and the software will work. I can get it to lock on almost every time just pulling back. I also instaleld Google Shopper so I can search on that. I have a harder time actually finding a match for the stuff I scan. I know it scans correctly as you can match the code it comes up with to the number under the barcode.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38