Help with Google Drive?

anon(822772)

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I'm just being stupid but I can't seem to quite get the hang of google drive. I've got a folder set up on my computer with all my files and that's synced with Drive. All is well and good until it comes to trying to edit the documents on android.

I have the app which works and I can see the synced files. Most of them are .xls, need to be .xls and I don't want to convert them.

However, I can't seem to edit them. They open in Polaris Office but I can't save any changes. I can put the file in Offline Mode and that then seems to let me edit and save. Problem is, it stores the files in some random folder in my data folder on my device. This is also a massive pain in the arse if I have to individually set every file to offline one by one!

Is there any way to mirror/replicate my Google Drive folder and its substructures on my Android device so that I can just go into that folder, use and edit the files as I please and trust that they sync up ok? I can do that from Windows, why can't I seem to do it from Android?

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to mirror/replicate my Google Drive folder and its substructures on my Android device so that I can just go into that folder, use and edit the files as I please and trust that they sync up ok? I can do that from Windows, why can't I seem to do it from Android?

A great app for mirroring data from a cloud service is FolderSync - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....tacit.android.foldersync.full&token=Zdk470oa

I use it to backup data from my phone and to pull data to my phone, not for two-way syncing, but of course, it does that too. This might be helpful to you.

anon(822772)

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
It took a bit of tinkering but that's it. Fantastic!

Thanks for the help. It's such a shame that it takes a 3rd party app and a little bit of inelegance to achieve what really should be included as a feature in the first place! (and, to my surprise, Dropbox also needs FolderSync to achieve this effect!)

I genuinely cannot understand why it's not included when clearly it is incredibly do-able!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non