Google Voice for everyone

G

GenericMessage

Been using it for a year now, welcome to the club everyone! Its SWEET

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks much appreciated. Im going to try this out. This will work well as a business only phone line for me.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is super good and powerful, I've been using my GV #exclusively since September.

As you'd expect the app in the market on Android is awesome, but don't forget to to forward your voice mail by using the dial code! (you'll see what I mean when setting up google voice).

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I heard that getting calls via google voice comes across as Landline and will therefore eat into our minutes.

What has been your experience?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Can google voice ring to two phone numbers? I have a phone number forwarding to two different phone numbers but only one number rings. Is there a way around it besides deleting one of the forwarding numbers? Hope that makes sense.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Remember, if you call using Google Voice from your phone, it will show your phone's number, not the GV number, yet. It WILL show your GV # if you text via the app though.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can google voice ring to two phone numbers? I have a phone number forwarding to two different phone numbers but only one number rings. Is there a way around it besides deleting one of the forwarding numbers? Hope that makes sense.

You can only associate one phone at a time.

darrylb1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i don't get it. is it just me?
would someone, like folks who have used this for a year, explain in plain language how google voice is different than what everyone with a cellphone already gets from their carrier?

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Is it true that if someone calls you GV number that it counts as land line minutes? If so, that eliminates a lot of the reasons I would GV in the first place.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
would someone, like folks who have used this for a year, explain in plain language how google voice is different than what everyone with a cellphone already gets from their carrier?

this should help you out. it describes what you can use it for and how it may benefit you. i just use it as a free visual voicemail app since almost everbody i know has verizon and i have free mobile to mobile.

YouTube - What is Google Voice?

emg75189

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
if i only have one phone(my cell) is this worth getting? i mean what are the benfits for google voice with one line?

im not bashing it, just dont know much about it.

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I had Google voice before it was google voice. Google bought out Grand Central. To get to your question, it can ring up to 8 phones, I believe. I have it ringing both of my cellphones right now.

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
if i only have one phone(my cell) is this worth getting? i mean what are the benfits for google voice with one line?

im not bashing it, just dont know much about it.

Here's the best reason to get Google voice. If you change your cellphone or house number for one reason or another, if you've given out your google voice number to your friends, they don't have to get another number from you since they are using your google voice number anyways. Also, let's say you're in Plano, TX (469 area code) and your family is in Louisiana (504 area code). They don't want to spend the long distance to call you (old house phone plan), you can get a local 504 area code number for them to call and it will forward to your phone. No cost to anyone there. :-D

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

1) You can get a different area code from a different state making it local for people from that area code to call you.
2) Voicemails are sent to you as a text message.
3) I've had google voice since it was grandcentral.com
4) Privacy. You don't have to give out your real number and when people call it, you can screen the call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress