I have an EVO. I would swear that I found a setting to let me set when it polls/pushes the email to the phone in that I could set it up for 7am to 11pm to push and poll every 10 minutes while at night I could set it off so I wouldn't be bothered with email at night.

Was I dreaming this function or is it hidden somewhere in K-9 or the stock client that comes with EVO? I know there are other programs that allow data to be turned off, but I thought it was somehow built into k-9 or the stock email apps. Am I crazy?
    07-01-2010 11:43 AM
    It's there. If you go into the stock client, press Menu > More > Settings > Send & Receive > Set download frequency. There, set the Peak time as 7am to 11pm or whatever you'd like, set the Peak times to 10 minutes, and set the Off-peak to Manual. That way it won't update during the off-peak times, which in this case is when you're asleep.
    halcyonku likes this.
    07-01-2010 03:52 PM
    Thanks, you rock! So K-9 uses the stock clients settings for retrieval information?
    07-01-2010 04:16 PM
    Is there an option to allow you to set what it does when it is on wifi?
    07-05-2010 09:37 PM
    You're very welcome. I've never tried K-9, so I wouldn't know. I'd think it's got its own settings though.

And no, I don't think there are any WiFi-specific settings, though I can see how this would be handy. Maybe in future versions?
    07-06-2010 04:43 AM
    If an app doesn't give you the notification options then try a profiles app that allows for automatic time-based profile switching. You don't have to stop email delivery -- just the notifications.
    07-06-2010 07:44 AM