Panoramic Photos on EVO4G

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys and gals! I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer. I didn't realize that I might want to take panoramic photos till I found out the Droid X could do so.
Anyone know of an app that will allow me to do it on my EVO?

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site
bump, I saw the awesomeness of this and I wonder if we too can get this featuuuure! its pretty tight on the Droid X, but I feel this is more of a software doing rather than motorolas hardware/camera on the X. so yeah, someone make an app!

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Are you looking for something like this?

chart

PhotoStitch Lite
by JUPE Software
10,000 downloads, 354 ratings (3.0 avg)
Free
rating6.png

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
it works ok but I keep getting a force close about half the time on the EVO. I mean I could always drag them on my computer and do it...but really what's the point. I know HTC can do it...you can do it on most winmo devices...If I knew how to write apps I would do one!

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Vignette has a panoramic setting.

Vignette's just crops the shot down to make it look like a panoramic shot (long and skinny) it doesn't stitch photos together

PhotoStitch will do it decently - the free version lets you stitch 2 shots together and the paid version up to 5 shots

Kristy_Joy

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Vignette's just crops the shot down to make it look like a panoramic shot (long and skinny) it doesn't stitch photos together

PhotoStitch will do it decently - the free version lets you stitch 2 shots together and the paid version up to 5 shots

Ohh, ok gotcha.

FireFighterChen

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Photostitch

So I tried out the free version...then ultimately decided to buy the full version (i was at a store and was holding a drink and my phone...i put down the drink and bought the app...kinda funny how i used to just buy drink that costs $3 no thought about it and when it comes to a $2.50 app i get indecisive..)...so my review on the panoramic shots...

in the app the picture is out of focus when i am taking the shots. it makes me uneasy (no way to fix it)...the actual pictures though are in focus. right before it takes the picture the camera does focus. As long as u make a decent attempt to line up the pictures with the ghost/shadow image they stitch together very nicely. There are some pictures i have taken that have noticeable light difference (looks as if there is a huge shadow casted). The free version was fine, but the paid 5 shot stitched 180 degree shot is amazing.

Overall, if you want panoramic pictures, get photostitch. it's only $2.50. Thats NOTHING. Yes, the pictures arent perfect, but they are great for what you're paying. Highly recommend. Just dont get too edgy about the unfocused view, it will focus for the pic.

One note to know. This is a very big down side to this app. I just thought of it as i was ending my review. The app doesn't quit unless u go into running services and force close it manually. Hate that part. Worth the hassle though.

Sample Pictures Below
1969-12-31160000.jpg

2010-07-13153003.jpg

2010-07-13153207.jpg

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank god for search lol. I was in the Droid X forums checking some pictures out. VERY impressed with the picture quality. Those panoramic pictures, for the most part, really blew me away. It's unbelievable how camera technology has improved within the last year.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Btw, any other apps available like photostitch? I tried it and its pretty good but there's no flash, no options at all really either. Again it's pretty good but has SO much potential. Just wondering if there's anything else out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non