Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

slobby01

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I also bought the app but updated firmware and now can't reinstall. any chance you can provide a version that complies (i.e doesn't show the covers) until the appeal is resolved? Or at least point us to the older APK version, possibly in a PM?
thanks, too bad, it was just working so nicely :-(

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I also bought the app but updated firmware and now can't reinstall. any chance you can provide a version that complies (i.e doesn't show the covers) until the appeal is resolved? Or at least point us to the older APK version, possibly in a PM?
thanks, too bad, it was just working so nicely :-(

I'm locked out from publishing any updates for the app in the Play Store.

While I'm ok with legitimate users using the pirated version, I am not going provide a link for it. Let's just say that it's available on Google's more famous product :)

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Squeeze Control has been republish as Squeeze Ctrl after the former app was removed from the Play Store.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....angrygoat.android.squeezectrl&token=5XbFPdhD

For current owners who wish to purchase the republished version, email or pm me your order number and I will refund your original purchase. It looks like Google will only let me refund orders as old as late October 2013 and this limit will probably slowly move forward too.

Also, the licensing system within the original app is still functional and refunding the app will probably cause the existing app to stop working.

If you bought tablet mode, I will need the order number of that purchase as well to refund it.

Last edited:

svenmo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, Wayne!
When I'll need a reinstall, I will purchase Squeeze Ctrl and NOT ask for refund. In my opinion all this was not your fault. I would like to support you and spare you the additional work that individual refunds mean, so you have more time to keep up the great support here, and develop the best Squeezebox app further. This is my way of buying you a beer.
I appeal to all (who can spare a few bucks) to do the same.
Kind regards
Sven

bwaldron

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
When I'll need a reinstall, I will purchase Squeeze Ctrl and NOT ask for refund.

Same here. Even if I hadn't bought the app (and tablet mode) prior to October 2013, I wouldn't ask for a refund. I'll repurchase under the new name.

Google's position is insane.

marcaurel

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
What I don't understand:
If that's really the reason why does Google then not remove all the other Squeezebox apps or music apps at all. Because every music app displays album covers!
How is Squeeze Control different from e.g. Orange Squeeze or Squeeze Controller?

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
What I don't understand:
If that's really the reason why does Google then not remove all the other Squeezebox apps or music apps at all. Because every music app displays album covers!
How is Squeeze Control different from e.g. Orange Squeeze or Squeeze Controller?
The store listing for Squeeze Control had a lot of screenshots that displayed a lot of album covers and some of those screenshots were quite large too. This may have made it noticeable to whatever automated system record companies use to find copyright violations.

cubii

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Have a problem:
I have a view, wher i only can see the cover and can change volume and title by swiping left/right/up/down and thats all. i cant get back to any other view... what do i miss? Is there a trick? I am using the old version of the app ( squezecontrol, (with tablet mode) because i cant by stuff on play store anymore..., but will update as fast as possible) and this in a nexus 7 2012 which has no hardware menu button....but a software button whcih works only as go to running apps button (complicated description...)

greetings
cubbii

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Have a problem:
I have a view, wher i only can see the cover and can change volume and title by swiping left/right/up/down and thats all. i cant get back to any other view... what do i miss? Is there a trick? I am using the old version of the app ( squezecontrol, (with tablet mode) because i cant by stuff on play store anymore..., but will update as fast as possible) and this in a nexus 7 2012 which has no hardware menu button....but a software button whcih works only as go to running apps button (complicated description...)

greetings
cubbii
Sounds like you're in the dock mode. It's can be triggered either when you put the device in a dock or when you plugin the usb cable or both, it depends on how you set it up in preferences. For devices with wireless charging, the wireless charger is considered a dock by default (can be disabled in preferences).

To exit dock mode just remove it from the dock or unplug the usb cable. It may take a few seconds for it to respond.

cubii

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you're in the dock mode.
That was the problem!

I use a launcher which is used normally in cars, and i think this launcher automatically activates carmode (this i can disable in the notifications area of my device).

Perhaps you should make an FAQ whcih describes the view modes and how to switch between them, i was looking for an description in play store and your homepage but could not find any.

And by the way: Would it be possible to do the license check of the app a little bit later? Because when i start the app, my wifi is sometimes not connected/needs a second or two more that the license check and then this annoying message about the failed licenses check pops up .

And thanks for the intents for tasker! Really useful! Will play with them!

Greetings cubii

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
And by the way: Would it be possible to do the license check of the app a little bit later? Because when i start the app, my wifi is sometimes not connected/needs a second or two more that the license check and then this annoying message about the failed licenses check pops up .
Actually the license checks do not directly depend a network connection. It checks the validity of the license with the Play store app. The Play store app caches the licensing info and only refreshes that info every 3-4 days. Additionally Squeeze Ctrl will continue the run for up to two weeks since the last successful license check and there is a background service that checks the license once a day even when the main app is not running (this is to keep the license checks as up to date as possible). So basically after a successful license check, your device will need to be without an internet connection continuously for two weeks before Squeeze Ctrl will complain.

pberger

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi, quick question. I want to download songs to the SD card rather than into the Music directory on the (rather small) internal storage. That doesn't seem possible... Is it?
+1 for this feature. I know that Androids built-in download system does not support this. But this is the reason why I still need to use the no longer updated Squeeze Commander app, which has this possibility.

MrFydo

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I sent a refund request on Feb 15 to info (at) angrygoatapps.com. Is that the right address? I'd love to use the refund to buy and use the latest version Squeeze Control. Thanks!

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I sent a refund request on Feb 15 to info (at) angrygoatapps.com. Is that the right address? I'd love to use the refund to buy and use the latest version Squeeze Control. Thanks!

Yes that's the right address.

I'm pretty sure I've refunded anyone who emailed an order number from after the 10/24/2013 cutoff date. Please check your Google wallet account.

Also, what is your email address? There were at least 5 different people who emailed me for a refund on Feb 15.

MrFydo

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

My email address is (removed), I just checked my account history on Google Wallet and don't see any refunds. Here are my details:

(removed)

Thanks again!

Edited to remove details

Last edited:

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

My email address is chris (at) hopp.ca , I just checked my account history on Google Wallet and don't see any refunds. Here are my details:

Order number: 12999763169054705758.1319249372392146
Order date: 11-Mar-2014 6:09:20 MDT AM

Thanks again!

I issued the refund on Feb 15th. Check your Google wallet account again. The refund is not listed as a new transaction, it is listed next to the original purchase.

MrFydo

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that's pretty sneaky. Google didn't even send me an email or any kind of notification. Thanks for clarifying that for me and of course thanks for the wonderful app. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii