Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

jrhslick

May 10, 2017
Visit site
I attempted to pull up Squeeze Ctrl on both my android smartphone and tablet today and neither will connect to mysqueezebox server. Is anyone else having this issue?

thevoice1610

May 5, 2023
Visit site
I attempted to pull up Squeeze Ctrl on both my android smartphone and tablet today and neither will connect to mysqueezebox server. Is anyone else having this issue?
Same here, the app seems not be "allowed to connect" I always get a "403 Forbidden " error pop up for 2 days in a row now. The only option still working is from the website mysqueezebox.com in a browser. Rather uncomfortable, though.

Reactions: chernysh.a

chernysh.a

May 5, 2023
Visit site
Same here, the app seems not be "allowed to connect" I always get a "403 Forbidden " error pop up for 2 days in a row now. The only option still working is from the website mysqueezebox.com in a browser. Rather uncomfortable, though.
I can confirm that this problem started yesterday. Yesterday I was still able to connect, but only after several attempts. Today it doesn't work at all.

Reactions: thevoice1610

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Squeeze Ctrl uses this URL to connect to mysqueezebox.com:

This results in a 403 forbidden error even in a browser. Logitech must have changed something and there's nothing I can do about.

Sturmhardt

May 19, 2023
Visit site
Using Squeezectrl since 4 years very happy with 5 Tablets and 9 Logitech players. But one thing is bad: after starting app, is ALWAYS selected several wrong players. Never the last used player. There is an option checkbox for default player. But nothing changes by selecting this checkbox. It is marked as selected, but next day App is starting on wrong player again. Whats wrong?

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Using Squeezectrl since 4 years very happy with 5 Tablets and 9 Logitech players. But one thing is bad: after starting app, is ALWAYS selected several wrong players. Never the last used player. There is an option checkbox for default player. But nothing changes by selecting this checkbox. It is marked as selected, but next day App is starting on wrong player again. Whats wrong?
Did you set your server to use a static ip address? The default and last player memory is linked to the ip address of the server. If the ip address of your server changes, the app will think that you are connecting to a different server and won't remember the last player used or default player.

Sturmhardt

May 19, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for ultrafast reply. YES, SBS and player do have static IP set by DHCP master. But your answear indicates the reason for behaviour: Some of our players are 24/7 switched on. They are virtually switched on/ off by infrared remote. Others are automatically swichted on/ off by power socket (done by motion detectors). The tablets with Squeezectrl are switched on 24/7.
Maybe the problem ist, e.g. at kitchen, that kitchens player ist switched on/ off by power socket with kitchens lights. If swichted on, player starts up, but squeezectrl app on kitchen tablet was jumping from manual selected player yesterday "kitchen" to one of the 24/ 7 working players. And app jumps not automatically back to kitchen, when this player starts up.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for ultrafast reply. YES, SBS and player do have static IP set by DHCP master. But your answear indicates the reason for behaviour: Some of our players are 24/7 switched on. They are virtually switched on/ off by infrared remote. Others are automatically swichted on/ off by power socket (done by motion detectors). The tablets with Squeezectrl are switched on 24/7.
Maybe the problem ist, e.g. at kitchen, that kitchens player ist switched on/ off by power socket with kitchens lights. If swichted on, player starts up, but squeezectrl app on kitchen tablet was jumping from manual selected player yesterday "kitchen" to one of the 24/ 7 working players. And app jumps not automatically back to kitchen, when this player starts up.
Yes, Squeezectrl will switch to a different player when the current one is no longer available. It is not designed to switch back to the previous one once it becomes available again.

The default player option only applies to when the app launches. If the app is running and the default player becomes available, it will not automatically switch to it.