Google Wallet Question for those that use it .

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am at a point where I think I am finally going to try using the Google Wallet. However, since I have not used it for any online purchases or via NFC I have one concern when it comes to having multiple cards configured within your account.

In some cases (online or in "the wild") I have a need to use specific cards for either business or personal purposes. All the cards have I know I can add to add to my account. However when it comes time to make the purchase, do you have the option to choose which card you want to use when the purchase is made. Since I have not used Google Wallet yet I am not sure how that would work. I have done searches online and looked at the Google Wallet FAQ's but have not really found a clear answer.

So, have any of you that currently use Google Wallet ran across this kind of situation and if so can you explain how this would work?

emanuelm123

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
You get to choose what card u have activated to b used if you want to use a different one you do have the ability to scroll through ur cards and choose one and that one would be the one activated to b used, and you can change it whenever not just when making purchases

Sent from my EVO LTE

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
You get to choose what card u have activated to b used if you want to use a different one you do have the ability to scroll through ur cards and choose one and that one would be the one activated to b used, and you can change it whenever not just when making purchases

Sent from my EVO LTE

So to be clear, at the time of purchase, I will have the option of which card I want to use before the transaction is actually made. Is this correct?

raven312

May 12, 2012
Visit site
That is correct. As stated above, you have full control over which card you use, just as if you were taking it out of your physical wallet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
So to be clear, at the time of purchase, I will have the option of which card I want to use before the transaction is actually made. Is this correct?

Just to make it more clear. You have to select the card that you want to use PRIOR to beginning your transaction. The last card selected stays selected until you choose another. You can easily identify which card is currently selected by looking at the tag below each card.