HTC weather widget still shows sun shining at 10:30pm?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the widget set up to automatically update once an hour (wished I had an option to set it sooner -- in KY, the weather can change 4 or 5 times in an hour), and it updates like it is supposed to, but there are still some problems. For instance, even at 10:30pm last night, the widget showed a bright shining sun. At first, I thought it hadn't updated since the sun went down, but I checked it and it showed being updated around 10:15. So, just to check, I made it refresh again, and the sun still showed.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I love the widget. It is great looking, I love the animations, etc.. But it just isn't accurate. The Weather Channel widget is much more accurate, and timely. I wish I could feed the TWC info into the clock/weather widget. That would be the best of both worlds.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You just have to manually update it by touching the sun, moon or what ever is being displayed to open the app and once open hit the updating symbol the circle on the left dive to update anytime you want. I have my set for an hour and it rarely updates, sometimes it update when I unlock the screen.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the things I hate about the HTC widget. Otherwise its great. Beautiful widgets is a good alternative that seems to be much more accurate.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. My sun was shining at 1119pm last night until I refreshed it. I often use beautiful widgets, but this week I have been using sense.

1SFG

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine is 6 degrees of retarded over the last couple days. I'm getting constant error messages basically saying it can't retrieve data and it remains that way until I manually hit refresh within the widget, sometimes 2-3 times before it updates. Considering ditching it. Does accuweather or some other weather company have an app available?

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the widget set up to automatically update once an hour (wished I had an option to set it sooner -- in KY, the weather can change 4 or 5 times in an hour), and it updates like it is supposed to, but there are still some problems. For instance, even at 10:30pm last night, the widget showed a bright shining sun. At first, I thought it hadn't updated since the sun went down, but I checked it and it showed being updated around 10:15. So, just to check, I made it refresh again, and the sun still showed.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I love the widget. It is great looking, I love the animations, etc.. But it just isn't accurate. The Weather Channel widget is much more accurate, and timely. I wish I could feed the TWC info into the clock/weather widget. That would be the best of both worlds.

Mine does this too. Even if I manually refresh it will still show the sun is shining for over a hour after it goes down. Pretty annoying..

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine is 6 degrees of retarded over the last couple days. I'm getting constant error messages basically saying it can't retrieve data and it remains that way until I manually hit refresh within the widget, sometimes 2-3 times before it updates. Considering ditching it. Does accuweather or some other weather company have an app available?

The Weather Channel has a widget that I find accurate, it just isn't as good looking as Sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget