Direct print from Chrome browser?

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hoping this is the correct subforum for this question. I did a search and did not find an answer.

In Android 4.1.1, is it possible to print a webpage directly from Chrome browser?

I know there is Google Cloud Print, but that only allows you to print specific documents (files). I did not see an option in Chrome itself to send a web page to print.

I have an HP printer which supports HP ePrint, but even the ePrint app on Android does not give you an option to print a webpage from a browser.

Thanks!

I guess one could try saving a webpage to a PDF file and then sending that PDF file to the printer using either CloudPrint or HP ePrint, but then how do you save a page in Chrome to PDF?

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Cloud print just updated
On my galaxy s3 it now shows up in the print menu
It works on the gs and tab22 10.1

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So far, the only printing option I've found for printing web pages is through PrinterShare. The downside is that you have to open the web page within PrinterShare and navigate to the page you want printed.

You can share the URL from Chrome, but if it is a secure page where you have to log in, the shared link will probably take you to the login screen. The other downside is that PrinterShare tends to be a little more on the expensive side, but it can print to local printers as well as over the internet.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

FYI, I talked to HP Tech Support. They said they will be releasing an update to their HP ePrint app in the near future that will allow to print web pages. The iPhone version of their app already supports it. Although I'm guessing it'll work similarly to PrinterShare that you described above and not natively in Chrome.