Yahoo Mail constant force close

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
All day I have been unable to open Yahoo Mail. Keeps giving me an error.

Anyone else having this problem??

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm not getting the error anymore but the program wont continuously run So it doesn't get pushed mail.

I would try maildroid but I don't know the settings for my sbcglobal.net account

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm not getting the error anymore but the program wont continuously run So it doesn't get pushed mail.

I would try maildroid but I don't know the settings for my sbcglobal.net account

You will not get push, but stuck with pull mail as sbc does not support IMAP and only supports POP3.

POP3 server: pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com port: 110 no ssl
SMTP server: smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com port: 25 no ssl

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
Having the Yahoo/Force Close problem on my wife's Samsung Epic 4G. Might move her over to K9 (since that's the only account she has on that app). Have gone in and cleared out app data (Home - Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage applications - Menu - Filter - All - Email - Clear cache/Clear data) and redone her settings, but it still Force Closes.

I wish the error message were more descriptive; if I could trace it to a message or two, we could delete them. If it's a protocol or app bug, at least a more descriptive error would tell us what to tell the manufacturer or Google ...

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I really liked this app but had issues with notifications. I went with the stock Mail app for my yahoo account.