Hotmail App - How do I sign out?

Ronnie246

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the Hotmail app on my Android tablet and I can't see how to sign out. If I stop the app and start it again, it goes straight into my email without making me sign in. Our tablet is shared and I don't want people poking through my email, so I'd like to sign out when I'm done.

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall it. Seriously, who uses Hotmail anymore?
Not an attack on you. I hate Hotmail. I needed a more professional sounding email address to use strictly with a company I was doing some consulting work for a few years back. I set up the account, sent no emails, and did not use it for weeks. When I logged in a month later, the inbox was filled with spam. Hotmail had sold my info to anyone that paid them for it.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ive used hotmail as one of my accounts for 6-7 years. Never an issue at all....does the name sound dumb? Yes. But their service has always been good to me.

ClarieM

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, so far I've been fine with Hotmail and prefer to keep it. However, on my new Samsung Galaxy s3 mini (I've FINALLY set it on https:// for security!) there is a small logo bottom of page 'sign out' I tap this and NOTHING happens. I thought it was usually more secure and safe to sign out occasionally. Any help with this? :( Thanks - from someone who really IS 'trying to move into the 21stC!