Beautiful Widgets Home problems

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Couple of problems I noticed after I installed the update and created a new home widget:

2. And this is a deal breaker for me. I don't see a way to specify what weather app I want to open like I could previously. I don't like or use Accuweather. They don't report the dew point temperature. Dew point is the main thing used in Phoenix as a measure of summer humidity/comfort. Instead they use something called RealFeel?. What the heck is that?

I guess for now I'll stick with my ugly combination of clock and Weather Channel widgets.

I was able to set the weather channel for the app it open when tapping on the 5-day forecast. Is that what you mean??

Kansas

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. Beautiful Widgets became my first paid app because I was so tiered of Google weather being wrong. Now I just have one stupid question to ask you that have used it before. Is there anyway to change the setting on it without removing it and creating a new widget?

Also is there any skin out there or setting that makes it look closer to HTC Sense UI? Some are close but they still clash with Calander widget that I'm using, Smooth Widget.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I was able to set the weather channel for the app it open when tapping on the 5-day forecast. Is that what you mean??

Yes that's what I mean. Under Configuration > Advanced I see a Time Application and Date Application for selecting those apps but don't see something like a Weather Application. How did you do it?

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's what I mean. Under Configuration > Advanced I see a Time Application and Date Application for selecting those apps but don't see something like a Weather Application. How did you do it?

go into config settings, scroll down to advanced, select forecast application, it will load a list of apps, then select the one you would like. Then after you save the settings you have to tap the weather icon from the home, then tap on the 5 day forecast.

I believe it was like that before.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a Force Application choice. Only Date and Time choices. This on a stock Droid 2.1.

Strange, I have a droid incredible (2.1 stock)

the option should be right with the other 2 under advanced. Maybe try a reboot or reinstall.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Several hours after the update, and with a new widget installed, I still don't see any change in the temperature, even when I select the Accuweather.com five day display. I can browse to Accuweather.com, and it shows the local temperature correctly.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Strange, I have a droid incredible (2.1 stock)

the option should be right with the other 2 under advanced. Maybe try a reboot or reinstall.

Well what do you know? I just another BW widget with a Weather Application option. I'm now a happy camper. :D

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Now I'm not a happy camper.

Five hours ago I installed 3.01, with a 30 minute update time, gelocation on and GPS off, and determined that it seemed to be working. Now that I've been home for several hours I look at BW and see that it has updated my location but the temperature is at least 2 hours old. Accuweather website, Weather Channel and Weather Bug all show a temperature 20 degrees lower than BW. Deleting and re-adding gets the widget working again. Who knows for how long?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm not a happy camper.

Five hours ago I installed 3.01, with a 30 minute update time, gelocation on and GPS off, and determined that it seemed to be working. Now that I've been home for several hours I look at BW and see that it has updated my location but the temperature is at least 2 hours old. Accuweather website, Weather Channel and Weather Bug all show a temperature 20 degrees lower than BW. Deleting and re-adding gets the widget working again. Who knows for how long?

I was faked out the same way, I think. I'm pretty sure the minimum interval set up in the Widget for updating the Temp is every 2 hours, so that it isn't really tightly in sync with the Accuweather web site, or other more immediate sources. I don't know why that interval couldn't be shorter. How much battery power would it take up to retrieve the temp more frequenty?

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
BW 3.0 is what it should have been all along. Google's servers are *** and were starting to make people hate the app. I updated and it's been on point every since. No issues at all.

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Beautiful Widgets diplaying high temp

Finally! Changed weather server (to accuweather). Works so much better now and I switched back.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Got the update and the weather seems to be much more accurate.

Tried out the weather animations (which I always thought were a nice "show-off" feature of the HTC widget) but didn't really like it. The first "tap" on the screen just turns off the animation, so you unlock your phone and if you try to swipe the screen, the first attempt just turns off the animation, then you have to swipe again to get to your other screens. Annoying, but not a HUGE deal since the animation is just a "showy" feature.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I noticed that too but I changed it from 2 hours to 30 minutes so I know that wasn't the problem.

I hadn't occurred to me to scroll "UP" from the default 2 hour setting at the top of the display. I thought that was the most frequent choice allowed. I just went back and reloaded mine to the 30 minute interval.

I wish there was an easier way to update the settings on widgets, though, rather than removing and reloading the widget, then having to restore all of the settings all every time a change is wanted.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I wish there was an easier way to update the settings on widgets, though, rather than removing and reloading the widget, then having to restore all of the settings all every time a change is wanted.

You might know this, but for the Beautiful Widgets, you can just press on the sun, or moon, or clouds (or whatever your weather is like) and it'll open up the 5 day forecast. From there, you are "in" the widget so you can just press menu to change settings without having to remove it and re-add it.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that to, Evil Monkey. It works!! I'm on the road now, but I'll be sure to give you an official Thanks when I get home.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
This is not my week. Today the 3.01 version is telling me it's 78 degrees and sunny. Goto the Accuweather website and it's 78 degrees and showers. The sun hasn't been out all day. BW also tells me the high so far today is 95 but it hasn't been out of the 70s since the rain last night.

And I can't download the 3.02 version since the market gets stuck on authorizing purchase.

Very frustrating.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
This is not my week. Today the 3.01 version is telling me it's 78 degrees and sunny. Goto the Accuweather website and it's 78 degrees and showers. The sun hasn't been out all day. BW also tells me the high so far today is 95 but it hasn't been out of the 70s since the rain last night.

And I can't download the 3.02 version since the market gets stuck on authorizing purchase.

Very frustrating.

Tried deleting the widget and re applying it?
Are you using Geolocations?
If so try this Settings>Location> Uncheck the Location settings and recheck them.