Google Shopper & Google Goggles

RConcheiro#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
What is the difference between Google Shopper & Google Goggles?

I tried looking but could not find anything. Is Goggles for pictures to find out information on the picture, landmark, etc? And Shopper is to find out reviews and prices on the product, etc?

Thanks in advance for your help!

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Shopper is used to find prices around you for the scanned product. Therefore, it only works in US and UK right now. I use Goggles as a bar code scanner rather than installing a third party app. It recognizes all kinds of QR codes including market links.

Reactions: disney.jessica

RConcheiro#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok, so you would recommend the bar scanner from Shopper rather than a 3rd party app? Thanks for your reply!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
You mean the bar code scanner from Goggles. Goggles is the one that detects market links when you scan market link codes, not Shopper. I just use it since Goggles is built into Android and does that functionality well, so I don't see any need for third party code scanners. Also, Goggles is the one that translates scanned foreign text to English which is one of the ultimate features of using Android if you travel around the world.

Now, if you live in US, using Shopper (or ShopSavvy) might make a whole lot of difference to you since it will search for the lowest price around you, and thus, save you money. It does not work in Canada yet.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just installed Shopper today while I was at work. If I were to scan a barcode with Goggles, does it give me the option to search using Shopper?

Would have just tried it out, but not really a lot of options for me to scan here at work.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Messed around with it when I got home. Sadly when you scan in goggles it doesn't integrate with shopper. Would be nice if it did, but oh well.