Vlingo problem on Incredible

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Vlingo just became free for Android so I thought I'd try it out. I used it on my Storm about a year ago and the voice recognition sucked, so I wanted to see if they'd improved it.

I'm using it on my Incredible running 2.1, and whenever I make a request such as "Launch Slacker" it searches for that phrase using the stock Android browser. I can't get it to actually initiate any action. It does get the phrase correct, but it always just searches .

Also, if I say something like: "Text Lisa I'll be home at 5 o'clock" it just brings up a text screen for me to type into, it doesn't automatically type the message I said verbally.

Anyone else having problems ?

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am running Vlingo on my Droid X and have been using it for over a year on my BlackBerries.
Look at the what I can say menu within Vlingo. You are asking to open the text app. Try saying "send message to Lisa. Meassage. I'll be home at 5o'clock"
It is a great app. Take time to research what to say and I think you will be happy.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I heard back from Vlingo support, and their reply was:

"You can use Vlingo to open most of the built-in applications and functions on your phone. Unfortunately, it does not support 3rd party applications. "

Which kinda sucks since most of the apps I use are 3rd party. I wonder if they mean the HTC Sense UI ?

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I heard back from Vlingo support, and their reply was:

"You can use Vlingo to open most of the built-in applications and functions on your phone. Unfortunately, it does not support 3rd party applications. "

Which kinda sucks since most of the apps I use are 3rd party. I wonder if they mean the HTC Sense UI ?

I just started running it on my Hero today, it seems to work perfectly well with Sense. Saying "Text Lisa I'll be home at five o clock." is the exact way you should say it. I can't imagine why it doesn't recognize it. Inflection? Phone too far away?

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I just started running it on my Hero today, it seems to work perfectly well with Sense. Saying "Text Lisa I'll be home at five o clock." is the exact way you should say it. I can't imagine why it doesn't recognize it. Inflection? Phone too far away?

I don't think it's not getting what I'm saying correctly, it's just taking the wrong action. When I say "Launch Slacker" or "Start Slacker" it gets those words exactly, but it searches for those terms using the browser.

The response from their support dept is confusing too, especially if I can't even get the email to work properly but you can.