I've been 16 now for about 4 months now. Today I completed Driver's Ed and I am on track to get my license by the end of the month.

My question is What app (if any) should I use to lock my phone with driving?

I live in Utah were the law is now if you are 17 and under you can not use a cell phone AT ALL while driving. That included hands free devices and making phone calls.
    I would really like to open an app when i get in the car, have the app lock my phone and send text messages to people saying im driving, and unlock when I get out of the car.
    My car is an 2008 model and doesnt have anything like bluetooth support (if that matters).

Thanks in advance!
    07-12-2013 10:33 PM
    Kyle, all the car apps allow limited access to the phone.
    The best way to prevent calls and texts, is to turn the phone off.
    2nd way is to turn the sound all the way down, vibration off, and put it in the center console or glove box.

Enjoy the freedom of driving on your own.
    Phone calls and texting don't need to be apart that freedom.

Sent from my M470BSA
    07-12-2013 10:50 PM
    Another suggestion is to put the phone in Airplane mode whenever you're in the car. Power Toggles is quite handy for that, among other things.
    07-13-2013 08:13 AM
    First, congrats on passing the exam and good that are liking to be a responsible driver. While turning the phone off add others suggested is the best way to avoid distractions, I think they misread your request. You're looking for an auto reply functionality for your phone that you can turn on while you're driving. I'm sure something exists, I just don't off the top of my head. I'll look around a bit later but maybe someone else is aware of something

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 09:51 AM
    First, congrats on passing the exam and good that are liking to be a responsible driver. While turning the phone off add others suggested is the best way to avoid distractions, I think they misread your request. You're looking for an auto reply functionality for your phone that you can turn on while you're driving. I'm sure something exists, I just don't off the top of my head. I'll look around a bit later but maybe someone else is aware of something

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Yes! I want to auto reply to texts.
    Knowing my parents, if I don't respond to text messages or calls, they will get after me. If they or my friends get a text while I'm driving, and they know its an app, I wont get in trouble.

Sent from my Huawei u8650 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-13-2013 11:34 AM
    Yes! I want to auto reply to texts.
    Knowing my parents, if I don't respond to text messages or calls, they will get after me. If they or my friends get a text while I'm driving, and they know its an app, I wont get in trouble.

Sent from my Huawei u8650 using AC Forums mobile app
    I've tried 4 different auto reply apps and none worked on my Evo, or S3.
    You may find one that works, since nothing is absolute on Android phones.

Search Google Play for Auto Reply, Auto Reply SMS, and try them out see if you can find one that you like.

Sent from my M470BSA
    07-13-2013 04:00 PM